You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, December 1, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The L.A. Auto Show is back for another round of test drives, new car showcases and ‘The Garage” aftermarket hall from December 1-10. Don’t miss Toyota’s “Camry Thrill Ride” experience where guests get to drive with a professional stunt driver through a course complete with evasive maneuvers, donuts, ramp jumps and more, happening at the L.A. Auto Show December 1-3.
2. [9 a.m.] Ted Baker sample sale put on by ECLIPSE Sample Sales will have 80% off retail prices off of mens and women’s apparel November 30 through December 3.
3. [10 a.m.] The 2017 Pomona Harvest Festival returns to Fairplex Expo 4 on December 1-3 with a selection of incredible handmade and embellished art and crafts from hundreds of artisans.
4. [5 p.m.] Enchanted: Forest of Light continues at Descanso Gardens, featuring a colorful one-mile path walk through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within the garden, including a Symphony of Oaks and a Luminous Lawn. Be sure to grab discount tickets while supplies are still available! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] There’s a free holiday party at Greenbar Distillery to celebrate the good things that happened this year and at the same time forget all the bad stuff with a craft cocktail and some joyful entertainment. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Heart of Robin Hood offers a fresh take on the most infamous of outlaws from writer David Farr (The Night Manager). Playing at The Wallis from November 29 through December 17.
7. [8 p.m.] The Red Lion Tavern in Silver Lake is hosting a Krampusnacht celebration this Friday night starting at 8 p.m. If you bring a toy for Toys for Tots or a donation for Miry’s List you’ll get a discount on drink specials throughout the night. Krampus costumes strongly encouraged! FREE
8. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
9. [various] Cuba: Antes, Ahora / Cuba: Then, Now, a celebration of Cuban music and dance, comes to The Music Center in Downtown L.A. from November 30 to December 3 as part of Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA. Friday features a special Cuba-inspired edition of Sleepless. the Music Center’s signature late-night party.
10. [various] Free admission at: Norton Simon Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $7.50 tix to Winter Fest at the O.C. Fairgrounds (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.