As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this (holiday) weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$8.50] Beauty and the Beast at Grand Warner Theatre. Discounts in limited supply! SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$8] David Bowie Nite at Echoplex. SUNDAY
3. [FREE] The Jerry Maguire Video Store opening night party. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Picture This! L.A.’s only live animated comedy show is back with a FREE show at The Virgil. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Join the Culinary Historians this Saturday at the Central Library for a talk titled “Middle Eastern Cuisine is 500 Years Old” the event is free and open to the public with no reservations required. A reception with themed refreshments will follow the talk. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] Gabba Gallery will hold an opening reception party for New York based artist Jason Woodside with DJ Jonathan Williams spinning tunes and cocktails sponsored by Stolen Rum and Original New York Seltzer. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Malibu Country Mart will host Fireball Tim’s Wheels & Waves a car meet up of eye-catching auto motives will line the streets from vintage, exotic, to rare cars of all types. This event will be an ongoing series every third Sunday of the month through June. SUNDAY
8. [FREE] Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and pay what you can at the Craft and Folk Art Museum. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] This Monday there will be a free Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration at the California African American Museum. The festivities include includes art activities, music and food trucks, plus a marathon reading of MLK speeches. MONDAY
10. [FREE] The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is offering free general admission on Monday for MLK Day, thanks to the folks by Target. MONDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- The 2017 LA Art Show. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Burgers & Brewfest at Santa Anita Park. SATURDAY
- The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck will be in Arcadia. SATURDAY
- The Asian American Expo at the Fairplex. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- Happy Birthday Marion! at The Annenberg Beach House. SUNDAY
BONUS: dineL.A. starts this weekend, and we’ve complied a nifty guide with some choice picks.
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.