As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
10 Under $10
1. [$10.00] Fireside at the Miles Memorial Playhouse (Friday)
2. [$8.50] Cosmic Laser Concerts at the Laserium Van Nuys Studios. Limited supply of tickets still avail for as low as $8.50 with fees included (Friday-Sunday*)
3. [$7.00] The No-Pants Metro Ride meet-up. Cost is your ride fare. Underwear is NOT optional (Sunday)
4. [$5.00] Bricks LA, a big LEGOs convention at the Pasadena Convention Center (Saturday-Sunday)
5. [FREE] All Space Considered at the Griffith Observatory (Friday)
6. [FREE] Free frozen yogurt for grand opening of Menchie’s in Pico Rivera (Saturday)
7. [FREE] Artist talks at Bergamont Station
8. [FREE] Ed Ruscha’s short film Premium at the Getty followed by a Q&A with director (Saturday)
9. [FREE] Doug Benson watches the Golden Globes (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Free student photography exhibition at LACMA (Sunday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Quick Draw Poetry Cabaret at the Bootleg Theater (Friday)
- Burgers & Brewfest at Santa Anita (Saturday)
- Marc Maron, Dane Cook, Maz Jobrani & Iliza Shlesinger at The Comedy Store (Saturday*)
- Los Angeles Comic Book and Science Fiction Convention (Sunday)
- Pasadena Cheeseburger Week kicks off (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided. Good while supplies last.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.