Wouldn’t it be great if someone put together a rundown of all the best free and cheap things to do this weekend in Los Angeles? Well here it is.
This Veteran’s Day weekend’s budget to-dos include a music fest on a battleship, Inglewood Open Studios, the Sherman Oaks Art Walk, and more!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Check out Lost and Found LA, a pop-up art installation in La Tuna Canyon from the artists who brought you the Griffith Park Teahouse. The work adorns the canyon’s charred trees with a natural gold material, illuminating the damage and embracing the flaws left by the fires, which burned through over 7,000 acres through the Verdugo Mountains this past September. On display through November 12. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
2. [FREE] Join the Latin American Cinemateca of L.A. and The Consulate General Mexico of L.A. for the 30th Anniversary of Cheech Marin’s Born in East LA, as well as a panel discussion in response to the current immigration policies and threats. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] The 11th annual Inglewood Open Studios returns November 11-12 to showcase the professional artist studios and art galleries that constitute the burgeoning Inglewood art community. Explore studio spaces and works through a free self-guided tour. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
4. [FREE] The Chicano International Film Festival returns to Los Angeles this Saturday! Now in its 21st year, the festival will take place on November 11 at Plaza de la Raza Cultural Center in East LA & will give insight into Chicanx culture, lifestyle & expression. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] Looking for a little free comedy this weekend in NELA? The Frogtown Show is a free monthly comedy show that takes place at The Left Bank off Fletcher Dr. Beer and tacos will be available as well! SATURDAY
6. [FREE] The 2nd Annual Veteran’s Day Music Festival will take place at the Pacific Battleship Center on the Battleship USS Iowa. Admission is free! SATURDAY
7. [FREE] The Japanese American National Museum in Little Tokyo is hosting Free Family Day on November 11 featuring dance classes, music, origami making & more! SATURDAY
8. [FREE] Stop by the Patchwork Show in Long Beach for some holiday shopping and fun! Highlights include local artisans, D.I.Y. workshops, music, food vendors and more. Admission is free. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] The Sherman Oaks Chamber of Commerce is putting on the very first Sherman Oaks Art Walk this Sunday. Attractions include dog photo booths, food trucks, a meet & greet with the utility box artists, a raffle, and more. Free parking available at the Sherman Oaks Galleria. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… at The Grove! Celebrate the Joy – A California Christmas at The Grove kicks off the holiday season with an annual tree lighting ceremony and special musical performances. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Cole’s in Downtown L.A. turns 109 this year and to celebrate they’re hosting an anniversary gala dinner prepared by chefs Neal Fraser of Redbird and Christian Page of Cassell’s Hamburgers. FRIDAY
- The American Indian Arts Marketplace comes to The Autry Museum from November 11-12 for the largest Native arts fair in Southern California, featuring 200 Native American artists representing 40+ tribes. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- DesignerCon, the annual art and design convention is back for another year of collectible toys, designer goods, panels & live art at the Pasadena Convention Center! SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- War of the Worlds is a new opera at Walt Disney Concert Hall with performances from November 12-18. The story draws inspiration from Orson Welles’ infamous 1938 radio broadcast. SUNDAY
- Get ready to trot for some vegan treats! The The L.A. Tofurky Trot & Vegan Food Fest in Griffith Park invites family, friends and canine companions participate in this annual run/walk. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.