As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
1. [$10.00] Afros & Ass Whoppins at the Second City in Hollywood (Friday).
2. [$9.25] Catch some classical music from the Glendale Youth Orchestra’s 27th Season Opener (Sunday).*
3. [$5.00] The Pancakes & Booze Art Show. The cover is $5 at the door and keep in mind you can also purchase a VIP ticket to skip the line for $10. (Friday-Saturday).
4. [$5.00] Designer Con in Pasadena (Saturday-Sunday).
5. [FREE] A Listening Party at Amoeba Hollywood for Adele’s new album (Friday).
6. [FREE] The Great Walk Los Angeles (Saturday).
7. [FREE] Public Star Party at Griffith Observatory (Saturday).
8. [FREE] International Games Day at UCLA (Saturday).
9. [FREE] Ranger Ernie is leading a 15-mile hike through Griffith Park to the Magic Tree (Sunday).
10. [FREE] Artisanal LA Pop-Up on Beverly Blvd. (Sunday).
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.