As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
10 Under $10
1. [$9.00] Get discount tickets to a Charlie Brown Christmas Musical at the Little Theater in Santa Monica (Saturday).*
2. [$7.50] Discount admission to the Echo Park Craft Fair (Saturday-Sunday)*
3. [FREE] Public party for the Triforium’s 40th birthday (Friday)
4. [FREE] 53rd Annual Marina Del Rey Holiday Boat Parade (Saturday)
5. [FREE] Baldwin Hills Annual Winter Celebration at Crenshaw Plaza (Saturday)
6. [FREE] Bergamot Station Holiday Open House (Saturday)
7. [FREE] Pet Winter Wonderland at the LA Convention Center (Saturday-Sunday)
8. [FREE] Holiday Lights at The Getty (Saturday)
9. [FREE ] Massive Winter Fest in Studio City (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Metro Moves Art Tour (Sunday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to this weekend not under $10 but still worth knowing about:
- Whimsic Alley’s 6th annual Yule Ball (Friday)
- LA Weekly’s Sips & Sweets (Saturday).
- Tea Blending Workshop at NHM (Sunday)
- Christmas concert at the Bradbury Building (Sunday)
- Downton Abbey Season 6 Premiere Screening at Ace Hotel (Sunday)*
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.