As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
10 Under $10
1. [FREE] Seinfeld: The Apartment pop-up installation in WeHo (Friday-Sunday)
2. [FREE] A public lightsaber battle in Pershing Square (Friday)
3. [FREE] The Music Center is hosting a holiday sing-along (Friday)
4. [FREE] Holiday Blues Bash in Baldwin Hills (Saturday)
5. [FREE] Public Star Party at the Griffith Observatory (Saturday)
6. [FREE] Screening of The Danish Girl at the Ace Hotel Theatre in DTLA (Saturday)
7. [FREE] Holiday Lights at The Getty (Saturday)
8. [FREE] Friends of Echo Mountain Festival of Lights hike (Sunday)
9. [FREE ] Hike to Cedar Grove in Griffith Park with Ranger Ernie (Sunday)
10. [FREE] TubaChristmas LA in Hollywood (Sunday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to this weekend not under $10 but still worth knowing about:
- Winterfest OC begins (Friday-Sunday)
- Holly Jolly Day at LA Live (Saturday)
- Escape Reality at Magicopolis (Saturday-Sunday*)
- Cinespia presents Gremlins screening at DTLA’s Palace Theatre (Saturday)
- A Retro Holiday Show in Santa Monica (Sunday*)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.