As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
10 Under $10
1. [$8.00] The Greatest Cartoons Ever at the Alex Theater (Saturday*)
2. [$8.00] Neil Hamburger Live at The Satellite (Sunday)
3. [$5.00] Pop-up curling lessons at Hollywood Curling (Saturday)
4. [$5.00] Opening day at Santa Anita Park (Saturday)
5. [$4.50] Punk Rock Karaoke at Sainte Rocke in Hermosa Beach (Sunday*)
6. [FREE] 36th Annual Free Christmas Day Feast at the Laugh Factory.
7. [FREE] Christmas at The Bunny Museum (Friday)
8. [FREE] Holiday Lights at The Getty (Saturday)
9. [FREE] ASSSSCAT at UCB Sunset (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Free day at the Museum of Latin American Art (Sunday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to this weekend not under $10 but still worth knowing about:
- It’s a Wonderful Life at Cinefamily (Friday)
- Winterfest OC (Friday-Sunday)
- Doc Holiday film series at Arena Cinema (Friday-Sunday)
- Murs plays The Fonda (Saturday)
- Indulge LA Chocolate & Pastry Fest (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided. Good while supplies last.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.