As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$9] Descanso Gardens’ Annual Cherry Blossom Festival. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
2.[FREE] ArtNight Pasadena will celebrate the arts at over 15 venues through live music, dance, art viewing and entertainment. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] The 4th Annual Green Living Fair comes to Moorpark Park for the ultimate celebration of nature preservation and conservation. Expect over 25 nature, conservation, preservation, and education exhibitors to be on hand to help you become more green! SATURDAY
4. [FREE] The Outlandish Time Travel Craft Faire returns to Whimsic Alley (March 11-12) Fantasy fans can shop from various arts, crafts and memorabilia vendors free of charge! SATURDAY
5. [FREE] The Petersen Automotive Museum is hosting a FREE screening of Blues Brothers on Saturday where guests will enjoy complimentary popcorn and refreshments. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Friends, families and book enthusiasts are encouraged to stop by the Free Bookfest at Grand Parkin DTLA for a full afternoon of readings, performances, special appearances and other activities. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] There will be an opening reception from 6 to 9 p.m. for California painter Jeremy Lipking at Arcadia Contemporary in Culver City. The night will feature 20+ paintings inspired by the native and rural landscape of California. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] The 43rd Annual Redondo Beach Kite Festival returns to the Redondo Beach Pier on March 12 for an all-ages free afternoon of kite-flying and fun. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Sierra Madre Wisteria Festival. Viewing the Wisteria and events for the day are free, but keep in mind you’ll have to walk up a decent sized hill to make it to the residential area where the vines reside. If you prefer to skip the walk, shuttle tickets are available costing $12 for adults and $7 for seniors and kids. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] The helpful folks over at Wescom are covering your coffee bill this Sunday at select Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf locations! Something to wake up for 😀 SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Santa Anita Park’s Big ‘Cap Beer & Cider Festival SATURDAY
- 6th Annual St. Paddy’s Block Party in WeHo SATURDAY
- Holi Festival of Colors SATURDAY
- Cochon555 at the Viceroy in Santa Monica SUNDAY
- Los Angeles Comic Book & Science Fiction Convention SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.