As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Artist Talk: Penelope Houston (The Avengers) at La Luz de Jesus Gallery. FRIDAY
2.[FREE] The Portals Project at Grand Park LA. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
3. [FREE] Enjoy a free screening of a new episode of CNN’s Emmy-nominated show United Shades of America with W. Kamau Bell. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] The annual Egg Bowl at The Rose Bowl. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] L.A.’s only live animated comedy show Picture This! is back with a FREE show on Saturday at The Virgil with over a dozen well known comedians and animators. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] ROGA, a run and yoga event at the Santa Monica Pier. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] The Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Los Encinos State Historic Park is a free annual Easter event with egg hunts, throw back entertainment like a blacksmith, old-time music, tours of the historic adobe and period performers. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] The Great L.A. Urban River Cleanup. SATURDAY
9. [FREE] Friendship Buddies is a weekly stand-up comedy show at the Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Come hangout in the back patio, enjoy a cocktail, and LOL to outstanding stand-up comedians in Los Angeles. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can) SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- 2017 Virtual Reality Los Angeles Expo. FRIDAY-SATURDAY
- Festival M.A.R.S. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Prom-Themed Screening of ’10 Things I Hate About You’ at Million Dollar Theatre. SATURDAY
- The Long Beach Craft Beer & Oyster Festival. SATURDAY
- 13th annual Vintage Fashion Show and Tea. SATURDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.