As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 Under $10
1. [$10.00] Eat|See|Hear screens The Princess Bride in Santa Monica. SATUDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$3.75] Saved By The 90’s Party in Hermosa Beach. FRIDAY (via Goldstar)
3. [$0.70] Get 70-cent chili burgers at The Original Tommy’s for their 70th anniversary. (via Goldstar)
4. [FREE] Shark Lagoon Nights at the Aquarium of the Pacific. FRIDAY
5. [FREE] Star Party at Griffith Observatory. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Eclectic Music Festival & Art Walk in South Pasadena. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Pickle Party at Grand Central Market. SUNDAY
8. [FREE] Museums of The Arroyo Day. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] CicLAvia Southeast Cities. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Hike to Royce’s Canyon with Ranger Ernie. SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Whedonopolis, a Joss Whedon Convention FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Descanso Gardens Rose Festival SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- Raymond Chandler’s Los Angeles Bus Tour SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
- Third Annual South Bay Beer & Wine Festival SUNDAY
- Check out our full list of 46 things to do this weekend FRIDAY–SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.