As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
1. [$10.00] The Ultimate Dog Festival in Torrance on Saturday from 10:00am – 4:00pm
2. [$9.50 including fees] The LA Cosplay Con* on Saturday starting at 11:00am.
3. [$9.00 including fees] Street Food Cinema screens Rebel Without a Cause* at Glendale Central Park on Saturday night.
4. [$9.00 including fees] Eat|See|Hear screens The Grand Budapest Hotel* in Griffith Park on Saturday night.
5. [FREE] An ETSY craft party on Friday night in San Pedro.
6. [FREE] Bring Your Own Dance Moves at The Music Center in downtown Los Angeles
7. [FREE] Global Reddit Meet-Up Day (If you don’t know what Reddit is, then just move along…)
8. [FREE] No Sad Stuff, an art show dedicated to the film career of Tom Hanks from 1984-1994. 7:00pm – 10:pm at Gallery 1988 (West).
9. [FREE] The International Film Festival North Hollywood presents The Princess Bride in North Hollywood Park on Saturday at 8:15pm.
10. [FREE] Sundays Live begins a summer chamber music series at LACMA. This Sunday features pianist Yung Chiu Wang.
* Discount tickets only available through Goldstar.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.