As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
1. [$10.00] A big game of Humans vs. Zombies up in Camarillo on Sunday.
2. [$10.00] Horrible Movie Night at the NerdMelt showroom on 9:00pm this Saturday. If you purchase online beforehand, tickets are just $8.00.
3. [$8.75 including fees] Suicide Notes: In Their Own Words at the Asylum Theater in Hollywood on Sunday.*
4. [$5.00] ‘Meet The Grunion‘ at the Marine Cabrillo Aquarium on Friday night from 8:00pm to midnight.
5. [FREE] Public screening of Cinderella at the Westfield in Culver City as part of Summertime Cinema.
6. [FREE] Opening reception for Both Sides, an art show celebrating heroes and villains featuring works by Dan Mumford, Jeff Boyes and others. 7:00pm – 10:00pm on Friday.
7. [FREE] MPK Night Market at Barnes Park in Monterey Park on Friday night.
8. [FREE] The FIGat7th Downtown Festival on Friday night (featuring the music by Superhumanoids and Tropics this week).
9. [FREE] The DogVacay Fit Fest at the La Brea Tar Pits this Saturday.
10. [FREE] Hammer Projects: Josheph Holtzman
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.