Need stuff to do this month in Los Angeles?
We looked ahead on our calendar to focus in on some of the best events happening in October around Los Angeles that you should probably have on your radar. After all, better to get your tickets now than wait till the last minute and find out your favorite event is sold out.
October 2017 event highlights include Front Porch Cinema in Santa Monica, the Pasadena ARTWalk, Skirball After-Hours, the LA Korean Festival, a dublab block party, a Japanese Garden festival, and LOTS more.
And remember if you want to stay up to date on all the event happens in Los Angeles then be sure to sign-up for our email newsletter.
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis), however we retain complete editorial control of our content.
1. BOO AT THE LA ZOO (Every Day in October)
Celebrate the Halloween season at BOO AT THE LA ZOO, happening every day in October, with creepy but sweet family Halloween fun. -> More information.
2. 7th Annual Los Angeles Music Video Festival (Oct. 1-7)
7th Annual Los Angeles Music Video Festival takes place from October 1 to 7 at the Downtown Independent, 72andSunny and the Ace Hotel. -> More information
3. IndieCade Gaming Festival in Little Tokyo (Oct. 6-8)
Attend a Game Developer Conversation, panel & preview screening or participate in a multiplayer event such as speed runs during this gaming festival! -> More information
4. L.A. Greek Festival (Oct. 6-8)
The L.A. Greek Festival returns October 6 through 8 for a big fat block party featuring delicious Greek food, live music, dancing and more. -> More information
5. ‘Urban Death: Tour of Terror’ Haunts North Hollywood (Starts Oct. 6)
Urban Death: Tour of Terror consists of both a terrifying performance and a maze of inexplicable horrors, unfathomable monstrosities, and the disturbing spirits that walk among us. The organizers have been creating versions of Urban Death for 12 years, so they’re very knowledgable about how to terrorize audiences. -> More information | Discount tickets
6. ‘I Didn’t Ask For This: A Lifetime of Dick Pics’ Returns to LA (Oct 6-7)
The ultimate NSFW art show is back with over 200 unsolicited dick pics, artwork from independent artists & celebrity panels discussing gender inequality. – > More information
7. Front Porch Cinema on the Santa Monica Pier (Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27)
Eat|See|Hear returns with Front Porch Cinema, a free movie night below the stars every Friday on Santa Monica Pier from September 29 through October 27. -> More information
8. 3rd Annual Paella Wine and Beer Festival at Pershing Square (Oct. 7)
50 Paella chefs from California, Baja and Spain will be at’ Pershing Square on October 7 to see who can make the best paella in Los Angeles at the 3rd Annual Paella Wine and Beer Festival. -> More information
9. dublab 18th Anniversary Block Party in Frogtown (Oct. 7)
Radio pioneer dublab will celebrate 18 years of showcasing indie music on October 7 with a party in Frogtown, happening next to the LA River at Zebulon, Salazar and Altamirano Records. -> More information
10. Classic Car Show & Drive-In Movie at Paramount Ranch (Oct. 7)
Drive down memory lane during this FREE open house at Paramount Ranch. Explore the grounds during a move history tour followed by a screening of Back to the Future! -> More information
11. Skirball Harvest Festival Returns (Oct. 8)
The Harvest Festival returns to the Skirball Cultural Center on October 8th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. for a grand celebration of the Jewish holiday of Sukkot. -> More information
12. ‘The Hubble Cantata’ at the Ford Theaters in Hollywood (Oct. 11)
Art and science collide in The Hubble Cantata, a remarkable musical work making its West Coast debut at the Ford Theatres in Hollywood on October 11. -> More information
13. LA Korean Festival (Oct. 12-15)
The 44th annual L.A. Korean Festival with provide a 4-day showcase of Korean culture through food, performances, music, and exhibitions. -> More information
14. SKIRBALL AFTER HOURS: Late-Night! Música y Arte (Oct. 13)
Looking for more fun at Skirball? SKIRBALL AFTER HOURS presents Late-Night! Música y Arte on October 13 from 6 to 10 p.m. for an opportunity to see both Another Promised Land: Anita Brenner’s Mexico and Surface Tension by Ken Gonzales-Day: Murals, Signs, and Mark-Making. -> More information
15. Japanese Garden Festival at Descanso Gardens (Oct. 14-15)
The Japanese Garden Festival returns to Descanso Gardens on October 14 and October 15 for a celebration that includes tours, music, displays, crafting, and more. -> More information
16. The 12th Annual Pasadena ARTWalk (Oct. 14)
Stroll the streets of Old Town Pasadena while enjoying local art, free museum admission, live entertainment, a juried art show & hands-on activities. -> More information
17. Sunland-Tunjunga Open Studios (Oct. 21-22)
A free guided weekend tour of local art studios and creative venues featuring 40+ artists. -> More information
18. 4th Annual EastSide Food Festival Returns to Silver Lake (Oct. 22)
The foodie-filled event includes unlimited tastings from over 35 local restaurants, cooking demonstrations, discussion panels, live music & more! -> More information
19. WestEdge Design Fair in Santa Monica (Oct. 19-22)
The WestEdge Design Fair comes to the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica on October 19-22 for the West Coast’s premier contemporary design fair featuring domestic and international manufacturers and independent designers and makers. -> More information
20. The Return of the Pancakes & Booze Art Show in DTLA (Oct. 20-21)
The Pancakes & Booze Art Show returns to Lot 613 in Los Angeles on Friday October 20 and Saturday October 21 for its premiere underground art show. -> More information
21. Third Annual Burbank Beer Festival (Oct. 21)
22. Lucha VaVOOM’s Annual Halloween Celebration at The Mayan Theatre (Oct. 25-26)
Are you ready to VaVOOM?! The Mexican-style wrestling & comedy show is back with a Halloween twist! Cheer on your favorite wrestler during this wacky show! -> More information
23. The First-Ever Growlers Six Music Festival in Long Beach (Oct. 28-29)
The two-day festival line-up features the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse, The Growlers, Danny Brown, The B-52s, Girl Talk, Steelpulse & more! -> More information
24. L.A.’s Day of The Dead at Hollywood Forever Cemetery (Oct. 28)
The 4-stage festival will honor artist Jose Guadalupe Posada & feature live entertainment, over 100 altars, traditional dancing & Mexican cuisine. -> More information
25. KCRW’S Masquerade Ball at The MacArthur in DTLA (Oct. 28)
KCRW’S Masquerade Ball comes to The MacArthur (formerly known as the Park Plaza) on October 28 for L.A.’s iconic Halloween Dance Party that has risen from the dead. -> More information
Be sure to check the We Like L.A. Events Calendar for updates on fun things happening around the city throughout September. You can also sign up for our daily/weekly newsletter if you want events sent straight to your inbox.