If you ask my girlfriend and business collaborator Christina Minh about my feelings towards our dog Milo there is almost certainly one word, and one word only, she’d use to describe me: OBSESSED.
I’m not going to deny her accusation, but I will say this: The reward for my obsession has been an unforgettable set of memories and an unbreakable bond that I would not trade for the world.
Below I’ve cataloged just a few of the captures I’ve taken over the course of the adventures of myself, Christina, and Milo as we’ve gotten to know the city of angels.
It’s only been about a year and a half since we got the little guy from the Pasadena Humane Society, but if the first 18 months are any indicator, he may just be the best investment we’ve ever made.
Hopefully the quick rundown of these moments will inspire you to go on a few adventures of your own, or maybe even adopt a new pup if you don’t own a dog (yet).
Also, I’ve included some helpful links at the conclusion of the listicle to get you started with ideas for things to do with dogs in L.A.
1. Having a blast at Alice’s Dog Park
2. Chilling and making friends at Amir’s Garden
3. Exploring the L.A. River with my friend Thomas
4. Trying not to drink the water at the Grand Park fountain
5. Grabbing shade at Echo Park Lake
6. Contemplating Dante’s View
7. Hanging with friends at Street Food Cinema
8. Posing for a pic at Vista Hermosa Park
9. Seeking some knowledge at The Wisdom Tree
10. Treading carefully in Turnbull Canyon… is that a squirrel?!?!
11. Hiking with Casey from Modern Hiker at O’Melveny Park
12. Waiting patiently for brunch at Messhall
13. Spending a day in Griffith Park
14. Admiring the scenery at Ascot Hills Park
15. Trying to be patient at Kenneth Hahn Recreation Area
16. Doing a photo op with some Modern Heroes in West Hollywood
Want to explore Los Angele with your dog? Start here:
Have a memory of you and your dog exploring Los Angeles that you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!