- This event has passed.
The Annual L.A. Times Festival of Books Returns to USC
April 22, 2017 - April 23, 2017Free - $35
Image via Los Angeles Times Festival of Books on Facebook
The annual Los Angeles Times Festival of Books is returning for another year of literary fun!
This two-day festival on April 22 and 23 will unite people who write books with the fans who love to read them. The expansive schedule starts at 10 a.m. each day, and features live readings from authors, demonstrations and intimate conversations. You can also filter through the schedule based on genre (such as cooking, fiction, poetry and more).
- Luis J. Rodriguez, reading from Borrowed Bones
- T.C. Boyle, introduced by Alexander Nazaryan of Newsweek
- Michael Connelly in conversation with Dan Pyne
- Helene & Jacqueline An, Authors of An: To Eat with cooking demonstration
- Stephen Yenser, reading from Stone Fruit
- Fiction: Girls With Dangerous Friends Conversation
- Tippi Hedren, star of Hitchcock’s The Birds, discussing her new memoir
The best part? This entire event is free and open to the public. However, if you’d like to reserve early tickets to limited-seating conversations, exclusive festival passes are available for $35.
There will also be live music and a food truck garden, as well as a children’s area on campus. For more information or tips on getting to the event, visit here.