- This event has passed.
Explore Vintage Trains at Union Station’s Summer Train Fest
July 15, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree - $20
Image via Union Station Los Angeles on Facebook
Adults and children alike will have a chance to explore some of the most celebrated vintage trains in L.A.!
On July 15 from noon to 6 p.m., Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles is hosting a Train Fest for all ages. This is a unique opportunity to tour vintage train cars. The oldest train dates back to 1927, while the most recent train is from 1959. Alongside the beautifully restored train engines, highlights include a kids zone, model trains, food trucks and live entertainment.
Displayed trains include:
- Santa Fe 3751: 1927 Steam Locomotive
- Overland Trail: 1949 Club Lounge with passenger lounge, bar and barbershop
- Pacific Trail: 1950 fully restored passenger car with 44 seats
- Tioga Pass : 1959 Business car w/ lounge, sleeping quarters, dining room and kitchen
- National Forum, Pullman Car: 1956 sleeper car from the Pacific Railroad Society, Inc
Don’t forget to stop by the Union Station Information Booth for a festival map and event passport. Be one of the first 1,000 guests to complete the passport and win a Summer Train Fest pin!
Registration for the event is currently free online. Tour tickets for the Santa Fe 3751 will be available in-person, starting at $10 for kids and $20 for adults.
For more information, visit the Union Station site.