Remember how you made that big list of all the fun things you were going to do for 2017? Remember how busy you got instead?
There’s still time!
Whether you’re looking for cultural festivals, seasonal celebrations, parades, art tours, hikes, or something in between, the end-of-year events calendar in Los Angeles has plenty to offer. And all of it at everyone’s favorite price… FREE!
So circle a date, message a friend, and be sure to follow through this time. You won’t regret it.
Items listed below in chronological order, numbered only for reference.
1. Late-Night! Música y Arte at Skirball Cultural Center – Live music, food trucks, a cash bar, and free access to Skirball’s current exhibits. (Oct. 13)
2. Front Porch Cinema – Free Friday film screenings at the Santa Monica Pier all throughout October (Oct. 13, 21, & 27 still remaining)
3. Pasadena ArtWalk – Local art, free museum admission, live entertainment, a juried art show & hands-on activities (Oct. 14)
4. Archaeology Day Returns to the Santa Monica Mountains – Learn how to dig like an archaeologist, throw a spear, and watch flintknapping (making stone tools) – Oct. 14)
5. Friends of Griffith Parks Public Hikes (formerly the Ranger Ernie Hikes) – Three ranger-led hikes are on the books for the end of 2017 (Oct. 15, Nov. 23, Dec. 10)
6. 12th-annual Los Angeles Archives Bazaar – Archival materials and experts come together to celebrate (and explain) the marvelous diversity and history of Southern California
7. P-22 Festival in Griffith Park – A public party to celebrate L.A.’s favorite big cat (Oct. 21).
8. Sunland-Tujunga Open Studios – A free guided weekend tour of local art studios and creative venues featuring 40+ artists. (Oct. 21-22)
9. Old Pasadena Day of the Dead Altar Tours – Music, activities, and self-guided tours o traditional and contemporary Day of the Dead altars (Oct. 27-29)
10. LA Critical Mass: America’s Largest Community Bike Ride – This year’s ride starts ride at Wilshire Blvd and Western Ave, Los Angeles, California at 6:30 p.m. Costumes encouraged! (Oct. 27)
11. DOPIUM.LA — A FREE Cultural Festival in Chinatown – Celebrating Asian American expression through food, music and never-before-seen art exhibits. (Nov. 4)
12. Grand Ave: All Access – A huge day of free events all taking place along Grand Ave. in DTLA. (Nov. 4)
13. Woofstock 90210 at Roxbury Park in Beverly Hills – 35+ pet-related vendors, food trucks, a pet parade, and more (Nov. 5)
14. Inglewood Open Studios – Inglewood’s only art walk is a two-day affair now in its 11th year. (Nov. 11-12)
15. UCLA Game Art Festival 2017 – A night of games and game art, live performance, music, and refreshments co-resented by the UCLA Game Lab (Nov 14)
16. Great LA Walk comes to Beverly Blvd – Starting at 1st Street in Little Tokyo and trekking all the way to the ocean – (Nov. 18)
17. L.A. County Tree Lighting Ceremony at Grand Park – You can enjoy the holiday decorations in Grand Park through Dec. 26. (Nov. 27)
18. Venice Christmas Boat Parade – The parade is held annually on the first Saturday of December. Be sure to check the website for updates if that Saturday rains out or if the date is changed. (Dec. 2)
19. Echo Park Community Parade – 50+ entrants celebrate this year’s theme: “Golden Memories of Echo Park” (Dec. 9)
20. 55th Annual Marina Del Rey Boat Parade – An estimated 25,000 people come watch the Boat Parade each year. (Dec. 9)
21. 58th Annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration – An afternoon of music and dance to celebrate the season (Dec. 24)
Looking to keep up to date on all the fun things to do in L.A. this season? Be sure to subscribe to our daily/weekly email newsletter.