Fear not! The Halloween season doesn’t mean you necessarily need to spend a small fortune to entertain yourself in the city of angels.
Complied below is a laundry list of free festivities, activities, celebrations, and meet-ups you can take part in over the course this October, all designed to help you have max fun while spending min dollars.
From movie nights to art walks, neighborhood fiestas to a free haunted house in The Valley, there are plenty of options to choose from.
This month’s list starts below, listed in chronological order. Numbered only for reference.
1. [OCT 1-2] DTLA Oyster Festival
2. [OCT 6] Free tour of old LACMA Campus
3. [OCT 6] The LA Central Library hosts Noche at the Library
4. [OCT 7, 14, 21 & 28] Front Porch Cinema at The Santa Monica Pier
5. [OCT 8] Taste of South Lake in Pasadena
6. [OCT 8] Star Party at Griffith Observatory
7. [OCT 8] Culver City Art Walk
8. [OCT 8-9] The Rotary Art Show in Studio City
9. [OCT 9] Feria de Los Moles 2016 at Olvera Street
10. [OCT 9] Discover Marina Del Rey Community Event
11. [OCT 9] 7th Annual Redondo Beach Taste of the Pier
12. [OCT 13] Taste of Xocolatl at Union Station
13. [OCT 15] Echo Park Lake movie screening: West Side Story
14. [OCT 15] Los Angeles Archives Bazaar
15. [OCT 15] Taste of Soul
16. [OCT 16] Sherman Oaks Street Fair
17. [OCT 16] CicLAvia: Heart of the City
18. [OCT 16-17] Found LA: Festival of Neighborhoods
19. [OCT 21, 22, 28 & 29] Beware the Dark Realm haunted house.
20. [OCT 21] Bluecollar Halloween Pack Walk at Echo Park Lake
21. [OCT 22] Pasadena ArtWALK 2016
22. [OCT 29] A big day of free events in DTLA called Grand Ave: All Access
23. [OCT 30] Old Pasadena Day of the Dead Family Fiesta
Be sure to sign-up for our newsletter if you want to stay on the pulse of all the fun things to do in L.A. every day/week/weekend.