Labor Day is synonymous with the end of summer, and Los Angeles offers plenty of ways take advantage of the final three-day weekend of the season.
This year’s Labor Day holiday offers a chance to explore The Fleet Week Festival, The LA County Fair, a Snoop Dogg concert at Expo Park and plenty of other options, many of which we’ve listed below.
Keep in mind the below list focuses on activities available for Monday, Sept. 5.
If you’re looking for fun all weekend long you can stay on top of our things to do posts (daily or weekly) or sign up for our newsletter, where you’ll get a full list of 50 plus ideas for Friday through Monday. Our weekend post should be up by Thursday, Sept 1, so stay tuned.
Oh, and enjoy the holiday!
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. Head to downtown Hermosa Beach for Fiesta Hermosa (Sep. 3-5) it’s one of the largest arts and crafts fairs in Southern California, hosting over 300 artists. Expect live music, a beer & wine garden and a kiddie carnival. FREE
2. Thew 67th Annual Long Beach Greek Festival is back this Labor Day weekend ( Sep 3-5) with authentic Greek food, music and lots of dancing. FREE
3. The L.A. County Fair is back at the Fairplex and includes special Labor Day weekend hours.
4. Spend Labor Day with Snoop Dogg as he headlines the Labor Day Music Festival taking place at Expo Park. Los Lonely Boys, Poncho Sanchez, Dennis Jones Band, The Victor Orlando Orchestra and Fun-Ja-La are also on the bill!
5. LA Fleet Week docks at the Port of Los Angeles for a four-day festival (Sep 2-5) of hosting public ship tours, aerial demos and more. This is the first time ever that our city has hosted an Official Fleet Week. FREE
6. Rockin’ Rainbow Harbor Cocktail Cruise will set sail from Long Beach on Labor Day with live music, drinks,food and spectacular ocean and city views that include the Queen Mary. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. Dive into the pool at Viceroy in Santa Monica as they host a Labor Day pool party. The party will have a DJ, cocktails, free sunglasses and blow up swans. Tickets cost $15 online.
8. California Sol at the Ace Upstairs in DTLA celebrates Labor Day with a special edition of the their weekly party featuring guest DJ Jeremy Sole. Swimsuits are strongly encouraged, party is free and open to the public 21+. FREE
9. Now in its 52nd year Cinecon Classic Film Festival (Sep 1-5) will host five days of special screenings of rare and restored films at the historic Egyptian Theatre.
10. Last but not least, maybe you want to us Labor Day as an excuse to hit up the beach one last time this summer. Check our our recently updated list of Best Beaches in Los Angeles to pick out a choice spot.