Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, Oct. 24 to Friday, Oct. 28, features Evil Dead in Concert at Ace, an all-you-can-carry pumpkin patch, a virtual reality haunted mansion, Danny Elfman at the Hollywood Bowl, Stan Lee’s Comic Con, and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday October 24th, 2016
1. The Last Bookstore will host writer Mark Frost (the co-creator and executive producer of Twin Peaks), as he presents his novel The Secret History of Twin Peaks. Come early the event is expected to be at capacity! FREE
2. Sweet Rose Creamery’s Studio City Fall Movie Night screening of Nightmare Before Christmas. FREE
3. The Groundlings presents You Paid to Die Tonight! a horror sketch comedy show celebrating all things horror, macabre and hilarious. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. Join the Mondrian Los Angeles and GEN ART at the DIVE IN a free movie screening event highlighting classic and contemporary films every Monday. This week they will screen The Craft. FREE
5. Screamfest Horror Film Festival showcases some of the best in horror, helping to break out films like Paranormal Activity and Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. Expect several U.S. premieres, special panels and more. Happening Oct 18 through 27. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. The Museum of Broken Relationships will present a unique series of after-hours talks all designed to navigate the good the bad and the ugly of romantic relationships. This week they will host “MAKING MEANING OF YOUR STORY” with Jennie Steinberg LMFT, LPCC, Psychotherapist.
7. The Boney Island Tour in Sherman Oaks is a well celebrated tradition. Focused on being kid friendley the Halloween house is open to the public and free of charge now through Oct. 31. FREE
8. Runway Playa Vista presents Music Mondays a free weekly concert and music series. This week King Shelter, Royaljag, and Bear Fight will perform. FREE
Tuesday October 25th, 2016
9. Evil Dead in Concert: A Halloween Experience comes to the Theatre at the Ace Hotel on Oct. 25 for a special screening of Sam Raimi’s horror classic film paired with a newly reimagined score performed live.
10. Mr. C Poolside Cinema Series features Cipriani style bites and cocktails while classic films are screened right under the stars. This week Practical Magic is playing!
11. Escape Room LA presents The Theatre. Guests are trapped inside an old haunted theater, in order to get free they’ll have to ban together to help free a ghost, fail to do so and risk being trapped forever inside the haunt. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. The LA Kings are back for NHL season at STAPLES Center. Watch the fast paced game versus the Columbus Blue Jackets. Seats can be found currently at a discounted price for regular seating and premier seating this Tuesday. Another game on Thursday is also on sale. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. Play Indiana Jones for a day with Escape Room LA: The Cavern. Find clues and solve puzzles to get your hands on a lost civilization’s ancient treasures hundreds of feet below Downtown Los Angeles! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. CreepLA returns Sept. 15 – Oct. 31, promising a bigger and scarier time where the lines of reality and performance art are blurred into your worst nightmare. Tickets available Tuesday through the weekend.
15. Escape Room LA: The Detective has you inside a 1940’s film noir set up where you have to solve a slew of mysteries in order to escape. Happening Tuesday and Thursday. DISCOUNTED via Goldstar.
16. Rooftop Cinema Club features four screenings this week: Ghostbusters on Tuesday, Carrie on Wednesday, Scream on Thursday and Psycho on Friday.
17. Escape Room LA presents The Alchemist A Magical Medieval Adventure. Happening Tuesday and Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Wednesday October 26th, 2016
18. The annual all-you-can-carry pumpkin patch is back at the Santa Monica Farmers Market this Wednesday!
19. More than 30 restaurants, theaters, galleries, and bars will host literary events from readings to performances for Lit Crawl L.A. in NoHo. FREE
20. The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor promises to be darker, more shocking, and even more terrifying than ever. A new spirit named the Iron Master will join a group of sinister spirits and hundreds of their horrific henchmen ready to scare guests in the five different mazes on the ship, along with a Paintball Shooting Gallery, a 4-D horror show, freak shows and more. Check for discounted tickets Wedneday through Sunday before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. Lucha VaVoom is part Mexican masked wrestling, femme fatales and a whole lot more. They have lots in stored for their Halloween spectacular. Buy your tickets asap for Wednesday, the Thursday show is already sold out!
22. The NBA regular season starts this week! Head over to the Staples Center to watch the young Lakers take on the Houston Rockets. Bonus: We spotted Premier Level and Suites seating on discount. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Thursday October 27th, 2016
23. This first-ever VRScout Haunted Mansion comes to the CTRL Collective this Thursday featuring 13 unique and spooky virtual reality experiences using HTC Vive.
24. RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns at the Fairplex in Pomona features some of the craziest, most impressive pumpkin carving to be found in the world. The festivities run through Sunday. Check for discount tickets while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. Back again its 7th year, Wicked Lit is a spooky immersive theatre experience that takes classic horror literature and turns them into plays at the Mountain View Mausoleum & Cemetery every Thursday through Sunday starting Oct. 1 and running through Nov. 12. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
26. Knott’s Scary Farm is back with 13 haunted attractions, four new mazes, a thousand monsters and, for the first time ever, standalone Skeleton Room Keys. Don’t miss out on the laser gun fight with zombies! Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
27. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
28. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. Throwback Thursdays at NOHO cinema screens Velvet Goldmine this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
30. Zócalo Public Square presents “Is Art Our Last Safe Space?” a panel discussion at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles. The event is open to the public with a hosted reception to follow the talk. FREE
31. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening Thursday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. If the idea of hopping on a bandwagon that travels through the darkness of Griffith Park while monsters hide in the shadows to scare you sounds like fun, than the L.A. Haunted Hayride is the place to be. Happening all weekend!
33. Free admission days this Thursday for: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen, Skirball Cultural Center, Japanese American National Museum and Long Beach Museum of Art.
Friday October 28th, 2016
34. Stan Lee’s L.A. Comic Con will be back Oct. 28 through Oct. 30! Home to all things comics, video games, sci-fi, fantasy, horror and pop-culture. Convention goers can partake in signings, panels and not to mention all the amazing cosplay photo opportunities.
35. The Pumpkin King returns! After the popularity of Danny Elfman’s Nightmare Before Christmas at the Hollywood Bowl last year he’s back along with original cast members for three dates this weekend. Check for discounted tickets while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
36. For the past 45 years, The Sivley family has been bringing haunts to Santa Clarita, and are back this year with their award winning haunted house experience, Beware the Dark Realm is happening all weekend! FREE
37. Get ready to do your best Chicken Dance! Oktoberfest is back at the Fairplex in Pomona. Enjoy authentic German Oktoberfest beers, traditional foods, German folk music, rock cover bands, food trucks, a DJ and much more. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
38. Wokcano in Santa Monica is hosting a special Halloween-themed bash this Friday starting at 8 p.m.
39. This Friday at The Last Bookstore author (and friend of We Like L.A.) James T. Bartlett will discuss haunted bars, hotels, restaurants and other elements of L.A.’s dark past through the lens of his latest work, Gourmet Ghosts 2. FREE
40. This Friday Royce’s Arcade Warehouse will host ‘Threeplay Fridays’ from 4 to 7 p.m. For $3 you get three hours of unlimited play of games such as Donkey Kong, Street Fighter 2, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga and many more.
41. Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre hosts Urban Death Tour of Terror a immersive haunted house experience every Friday and Saturday from Oct. 7 – Nov. 5. Guests walk through a maze surrounded by monsters and arrive in the theater for a 20-minute performance before reentering the maze, this time with new monsters lurking at every turn.
42. Eat|See|Hear presents Front Porch Cinema, a free movie night under the stars taking place every Friday on Santa Monica Pier from Sept. 30 through Oct. 28. This week Tight Loose will be screened. FREE
43. Greenbar Distillery will host a Prohibition Era Cocktail Class this Friday. Learn about our city’s bootleg and speakeasy history and how to recreate popular cocktails right at home. Guest will have access to a fully stocked bar of home-made syrups, fresh juices, herbs, fruits, liqueurs and bitters. Located in DTLA, tickets cost $40 a person.
44. Head over to Oktoberfest in Alpine Village and enjoy traditional Bavarian fun, food, and beer. The is considered one of the oldest running Oktoberfest celebration in Southern California. Festivities continue all the way until Oct. 29.
45. LACMA’s Film department presents Fuel for Nightmares, a curated film series based on Guillermo del Toro’s favorite films. This week Pan’s Labyrinth will be screened.
46. The House on Haunted Hill has been a community tradition for 16 years. Free to enter, the haunted house works off an original script, score and story. All donations are donated to non-profit charities at the end of the Haunting Season. Happening Oct. 28-31. FREE
47. The SGV’s Fall Fun Festival has everything a family friendle fest has to offer from tick-or-treating, games, free family photos, kid’s activities, a “Pumpkin Drop” and a movie in the Mission Playhouse this event is sure to please all ages. Taking place at the San Gabriel Mission Playhouse. FREE
48. Check out Kongos at The Wiltern this Friday night starting at 7:30 p.m. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.