Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, Nov. 7 to Friday, Nov. 11, features the Pershing Square holiday ice rink, election night food and drink specials, AFI Fest, the DTLA Art Walk, Sleepless at The Music Center , and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday November 7th, 2016
1. Shakespeare in the Shed: The Macbeth Variety Hour at Angel City Brewery. FREE
2. Hot Tub With Kurt & Kristen at The Virgil. The Nov. 7 lineup features Jen D’Angelo, Jon Daly, Solomon Georgio, Steve Hernandez, Anthony Jeselnik, and Megan Koester
3. How the Brain and Body Respond to Rejection at the Museum of Broken Relationships.
4. ICE at Santa Monica is back! Get into the winter spirit by going ice skating, sip on hot chocolate and listening to festive tunes. Happening now till Jan. 16, 2017.
5. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Happening all week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. Runway Playa Vista presents Music Mondays a free weekly concert and music series. This week they are throwing a killer 80’s dance party. FREE
Tuesday November 8th, 2016
7. GET OUT AND VOTE!!! and checkout our rundown of the best food and drink specials in L.A. on election day 😉
8. Darren Criss stars in Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood. John Cameron Mitchells groundbreaking rock musical is revived by Criss, Tony Award Winner Lena Hall and Tony Award wining Director Michael Mayer. Check for discounted tickets all week before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. Food truck night at the California Heritage Museum features a big selection of tasty food trucks (5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.) FREE
10. Free admission days this Tuesday for: Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Autry National Center of the American West.
Wednesday November 9th, 2016
11. Enjoy complementary classes, seminars and tastings of weekly featured spirits every Wednesday during Liquid Intelligence at The Mixing Room. This weeks theme is Syrah. FREE
12. Head to Pasadena for Ballroom & Swing Dance Night at The Rose. Learn styles like the foxtrot, tango and salsa while swing and jazz band Five Got Rhythm plays into the night. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. Santa Monica History Museum’s Discover the History lecture series. FREE
14. The LA Philharmonic does baroque welcoming some of the best early-music ensembles from across the globe. This week they welcome L’Arpeggiata: Teatro d’Amore. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
15. The NASA’s Pavilion sound experience is now of view at The Huntington Library. A “soundscape” experience that represents the movement of the International Space Station and 19 Earth Science satellites the shell like sculpture emits sounds each interpreting one of the satellites’ missions. Open to the public till Feb. 27, 2017.
Thursday November 10th, 2016
16. The annual AFI FEST returns to Hollywood for 2016 with an eight-day run featuring over 120 films, including three world premieres and four additional highly anticipated films. Happening Nov. 10 through 17.
17. Largest outdoor ice skating rink returns to Pershing Square for its 19th winter run. The 7,200 square-foot Holiday Ice Rink® Pershing Square will be open every day of the holiday season through Jan. 16.
18. The Pasadena Heritage Craftsman Weekend is back Nov. 10 through 13. Enjoy various workshops, house tours, silent auctions, lectures and more throughout the city.
19. Head to the biggest art walk in our city! The DTLA Art Walk will also present Lucid Illusions, a surrealist exhibition at their Lounge on Spring street featuring local and international artists. FREE
20. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. Dirty Little Secrets presents Game of Thrones Burlesque night. Happening at Harvelle’s in Long Beach. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. See Doctor Strange in 3D at Hollywood’s El Capitan Theatre all week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage in Santa Monica presents a National Geographic Live series called Mankind to Mars with National Geographic with science writer/broadcaster and moderator, Andrew Fazekas on Nov. 10 and 11. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
24. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening Thursday and throughout the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. Back for its 7th year, Wicked Lit is a spooky immersive theatre experience that takes classic horror literature and turns them into plays at the Mountain View Mausoleum & Cemetery this Thursday through Sunday. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
26. Free admission days this Thursday for: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen, Skirball Cultural Center, Japanese American National Museum and Long Beach Museum of Art.
Friday November 11th, 2016
27. The Music Center’s signature late-night party SLEEPLESS is back in November for a wistful night of dream-inspired soundscapes, video installations and multi-media performances.
28. Start your weekend off by participating in one of the best scavenger hunt events in the city: The Amazing L.A. Race. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. Picture This! L.A.’s only live animated comedy show is back with a FREE show at The Virgil. FREE
30. Every Friday of November, Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal, holiday and prohibition era drinks. This weeks theme is Prohibition Era Cocktails.
31. Red Bull Sound Select return for 30 Days in LA, a month-long series of events featuring concert, dance parties, movie nights and more. Tickets are still available on select days check out the line up and schedules here.
32. A+D Architecture and Design Museum will screen “Eero Saarinen: The Architect Who Saw the Future,” followed by a Q&A with Eric Saarinen on Nov. 11 and Nov. 12.
33. On Fridays Royce’s Arcade Warehouse hosts ‘Threeplay Fridays’ from 4 to 7 p.m. For $3 you get three hours of unlimited play of games such as Donkey Kong, Street Fighter 2, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga and many more.
34. Gilt City Los Angeles is having one of their blow out sample sales this Friday with up to 80% off brands like Sandro, Maje, The Kooples,Tom Ford, Paul Smith and John Varvatos with special access to the Miansai accessories sample sale.
35. Pacific Media Expo 2016 has cosplay, anime, fashion, and music under one roof. It’s a hodgepodge of all things Asian culture. Happening at the Pasadena Convention Center. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
36. The Norton Simon Museum presents a series of French Film Noirs from the 1950s and ‘60s. This week they will screen Rififi (1955). Doors open at 5 p.m. Films are free with admission. All films are screened with English subtitles.
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected]