Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Tuesday, December 26 to Friday, December 29, features a Craft Beer & Cider Festival, Snow Days at Kidspace, a Griffith Observatory Sunset Walk & Talk, Primus at The Wiltern, and MUCH more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Tuesday December 26th, 2017
1. Tuesday is Opening Day at Santa Anita racetrack. To celebrate they’ll be hosting a Craft Beer & Cider Festival featuring sample of local brews and ciders. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. CHILL Adventure Park returns to the Queen Mary in Long Beach from December 13 through January 7. Come experience ice bumper cars, ice skating, an Alpine Zip Line and more chill themed activities. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. Happening all week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar) Starting December 24, 2017 all Firefighters can show their badge at the ticketing booth for a free Grand Expedition pass, and up to 50% off Grand Expedition passes for their families as well.
3. Tuesday through Saturday are Snow Days at Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena. Bring the kidos and enjoy real snow, a winter art installation, cookie decorating, a world dance performance from the group Arte Flamenco and learn about the science of snow.
4. Winter Fest Returns to OC Fairgrounds (Dec. 21 to Jan. 7) will offer an all-new festival of lights, snow summit, winter bounce houses, outdoor ice skating, ice tubing, snowfall and the man of the season, Santa Claus. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. Rockwell: Table & Stage present the unauthorized musical parody of John Hughes classic Home Alone. Happening Thursday through the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
7. The Rink in Downtown Burbank returns with a festive ice-skating event from December 14 through January 7. Check for discount tickets while supplies last. Happening all week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26 to December 30.
Wednesday December 27th, 2017
9. Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month. At this free event, guests will enjoy a sunset hike led by a Griffith Park park ranger and a museum guide. FREE
11. Come to the Frogtown Brewery this Wednesday for Beer, Bingo, & Trivia Night.
12. Taste of Grand Central Market is a 1.5 hour guided food tour of the historic open air food hall. Your guide will help you navigate the dozens of stalls while sampling from vendors both old and new. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. Star Wars: The Last Jedi will screen at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood starting this Friday. Experience an intergalactic Laser Lightsaber Show before the movie and check out real costumes from the film up close. Happening all week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. The Grand Chapiteau at Dodger Stadium will be home to Cirque du Soleil’s new big-top show LUZIA. Inspired by the rich culture Mexico, the dazzling acrobatic performance will be heightened by brassy Mexican and Latin American sounds. Happening all week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
15. The Museum of Failure has landed in Los Angeles at A+D Architecture and Design Museum in the Arts District. Exhibits include some of recent history’s biggest commercial flops, including Donald Trump’s board game, the Harley-Davidson Perfume, the Apple Newton, the Betamax, Google Glass, and more. Check for discount tickets while supplies. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Thursday December 28th, 2017
16. There’s a 50th anniversary screening of the cult classic 1967 film Valley of the Dolls. The evening also includes a trivia contest and special introduction. Happening at the Ahrya Fine Arts by Laemmle in Beverly Hills.
17. Bring a little pre-New Year’s soul into your life by checking out dublab’s weekly event All the Feels at Freehand Los Angeles. This week will feature DJ Lady C at the helm. FREE
18. Thursday is game Night at Grand Central Market. FREE
19. Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a 8,000 square foot ice skating rink. Running November 1, 2017 through January 5, 2018
20. Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) FREE
Friday December 29th, 2017
21. Arturo Sandoval and the LA All Stars come to the Catalina Bar & Grill for a special performance this Friday at 8:30 p.m. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. This week Primus comes to The Wiltern for their The Ambushing The Storm Tour. They will play two shows: Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 p.m.
23. Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved DJ Jingles. The show runs every night until January 1, 2018. FREE
24. Take a Downtown Los Angeles foodie walking tour and savor what the bustling neighborhood has to offer. The tour is three hours long, participants will stop at six popular spots to eat and the tour guide will take folks through the history of DTLA. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org