Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, Sep. 26 to Friday, Sep. 30, features a Debate Watch Spectacular, the San Gabriel Dumpling & Beer Fest, DTLA Neighborhood Nights, Front Porch Cinema at the Santa Monica Pier, and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday September 26th, 2016
1. Debate Watch Spectacular at the Theatre at The Ace in DTLA is a night of music, laughs and political analysis by the LA Times political team. Watch as the two presidential candidates debate for the very first time on the big screen. The event will also feature a video from Alamo Drafthouse and a lobby DJ set.
2. The Museum of Broken Relationships will present a unique series of after-hours talks all designed to navigate the good the bad and the ugly of romantic relationships. Kicking off the series is Tarot: An Empowerment Tool for Relationships hosted by Davida Rappatoport, Intuitive and Tarot Instructor.
3. Shin-Sen-Gumi Hakata Ramen in Little Tokyo celebrates their 5th anniversary with a $3 ramen bowl sale from Sept. 26-29. The restaurant will stay open to sell 900 bowls each day!
4. @midnight is coming to Nerdmelt. Come see the funniest online personalities IRL for a night of stand up, improv and more.
5. Taste of Arcadia will take place at the scenic Los Angeles County Arboretum. Featuring 45 vendors in food and beverage, guest will also get the chance to walk through the Business Showcase housing over 40 additional exhibitors.
6. Check out Magic Monday at the Santa Monica Playhouse.
7. Get to know the Pomona restaurant scene during the Taste of Pomona Valley taking place at Mountain Meadows Golf Course. Dine on unlimited samples of food and drink. There will also be live performances, vendor booths and even golfing!
Tuesday September 27th, 2016
8. For the Record: Scorsese pays tribute to director Martin Scorsese film scores by brining to life iconic scenes and its musical counter parts from Taxi Driver to Goodfella’s and The Departed the show is supported by a stellar cast that includes Tony-winner John Lloyd Young (Jersey Boys), Pia Toscano (American Idol), and Grammy-nominee B. Slade. Playing this week and weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. Mr. C Poolside Cinema Series features Cipriani style bites and cocktails while classic films are screened right under the stars. This week Bridget Jones’s Diary is playing!
10. Rooftop Cinema Club features three screenings this week: The Jungle Book on Tuesday, City of God on Wednesday, The Birdcage on Thursday and Romeo + Juliet on Friday.
11. Play Indiana Jones for a day with Escape Room LA: The Cavern. Find clues and solve puzzles to get your hands on a lost civilization’s ancient treasures hundreds of feet below Downtown Los Angeles! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. Sip Rosé on the rooftop of The London West Hollywood as you take a guided painting class led by international artist Gage John Lazare.
13. Night of Silenced Voices: A Banned Books Week Celebration taking place at Skylight Books will present a open mic, blind date with a banned book sale, special guests and much more. FREE
14. The Natural History Museum’s newly designed outdoor Butterfly Pavilion exhibit is back! The permanent structure will feature over 25 species of butterflies housing hundreds of them for your viewing pleasure.
15. Food truck night at the California Heritage Museum features a big selection of tasty food trucks (5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.) FREE
16. Free admission days this Tuesday for: Natural History Museum and Page Museum at La Brea Tarpits.
Wednesday September 28th, 2016
17. The Valley Film Festival (Sept. 28-Oct. 2.) taking place at the Lammele NoHo 7 Theater in North Hollywood will host over 30 indie films from feature films, shorts, music videos to documentaries. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
18. Above Sixty is hosting a FREE movie night every Wednesday now through Sept. 28. This week they will screen Pretty Woman. FREE
19. The Cerritos Taste of the Region & Business Expo provides guests with unlimited samples of food from over 30 resturants for just $10. Parking is free too!
20. Vinoteque on Melrose hosts a trivia night on their patio every Wednesday at 8p.m. FREE
Thursday September 29th, 2016
21. On Thursday, Sept. 29 downtowners can enjoy a boatload of delicious deals and entertainment for the first-ever DTLA Neighborhood Nights at L.A. LIVE.
22. The San Gabriel Dumpling & Beer Fest is back for it’s 2nd year this Thursday night starting at 6:30 p.m.
23. The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor returns this Thursday and promises to be darker, more shocking, and even more terrifying than the last. A new spirit named the Iron Master will join a group of sinister spirits and hundreds of their horrific henchmen ready to scare guests in the five different mazes on the ship, along with a Paintball Shooting Gallery, a 4-D horror show, freak shows and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
24. Knott’s Scary Farm is back with 13 haunted attractions, four new mazes, a thousand monsters and, for the first time ever, standalone Skeleton Room Keys. Don’t miss out on the laser gun fight with zombies! Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. Longines Masters of Los Angeles is a four-day equestrian competition focused on show jumping with activities, entertainment and competitions. Taking place at the Long Beach Convention Center. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
26. UnSilent Cinema is a two-night event at FIGat7th pairing silent film classics with scores from live musicians. FREE
27. CreepLA returns Sept. 15 – Oct. 31, promising a bigger and scarier time where the lines of reality and performance art are blurred into your worst nightmare. Tickets available Thursday through the weekend.
28. Spend a evening with wine and a classic film screened outdoors at the beautiful Malibu Wines on select nights in September. The screenings are free! This week it’s Stand By Me on Thursday. FREE
29. Free DJ set by the duo Pool Side with Masha & Alison Swing of Dig Depper and New Body celebrating the Space Factory launch. To get in you need to rsvp. FREE
30. Get discounts on The Alchemist’s Lab Escape Room Experience on Thursday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
31. Throwback Thursdays at NOHO cinema screens Star Trek II The Voyage Home this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. The Getty Villa’s fall outdoor theater production is back! Haunted House Party, a comedy based Plautus’s Mostellaria, will be performed every Thursday-Saturday through Oct. 1. Be sure to grab discount tickets for select performances via our friends at Goldstar. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
33. Web series SEX: A Horror Story invites comedians to do a stand-up set and then tell a terrifying ‘Sex Horror Story’ to host Kristin Rand. Happening at the Nerdist Showroom, the line up includes Guy Branum from Chelsea Lately.
34. One Down Dog is co-hosting a flow set to house music with owner Jessica Rosen teaching the class. taking place at Sound Nightclub. There will be snacks and refreshments post workout.
35. SoFar Sounds is coming to One Colorado in Pasadena every Thursday for a night of free live music. Line up to be revealed on the night of the show. FREE
36. Free admission days this Thursday for: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen, Skirball Cultural Center, Japanese American National Museum and Long Beach Museum of Art.
Friday September 30th, 2016
37. Eat|See|Hear presents Front Porch Cinema, a free movie night under the stars taking place every Friday on Santa Monica Pier from Sept. 30 through Oct. 28. Kicking off the series is Zootopia. FREE
38. Head over to Oktoberfest in Alpine Village and enjoy traditional Bavarian fun, food, and beer. The is considered one of the oldest running Oktoberfest celebration in Southern California. Festivities continue all the way until Oct. 29.
39. LACMA’s award winning Department of Music Program provides hundreds of free concerts and musical events every year for Angelenos to enjoy. This Friday their jazz series continues at the BP Grand Entrance.
40. Starting on Sept. 30 film fanatics can view new, classic and strange films at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood for Beyond Fest 2016.
41. The Long Beach Museum of Art is free from 3 – 8 p.m every Friday. FREE
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected]