You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Thursday, January 11, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The LA Art Show comes to Los Angeles Convention Center January 10 – 14 for the West Coast’s most comprehensive art experience of the year. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
3. [7 p.m. ] The Feedback Monthly Film Festival will once again takeover Regal L.A. LIVE Cinemas for an evening of some of the best short films from around the globe. Tickets are free or pay what you can, guests can reserve their tickets online.
4. [7 p.m.] Beer Lab with Dry River Brewing, a monthly free educational beer workshop. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Head to The Lyric Hyperion to watch some of the best local comedians join forces during Stand Up For Radio. They’ll be recording the show for satellite radio’s comedy channels.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Lula Washington Dance Theatre celebrates the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at The Wallis with three different programs of dance over the holiday weekend (January 11 – January 13.)
7. [8 p.m.] Tijuana is a multimedia solo show straddling the line between fiction and reality which stars Gabino Rodríguez. Playing at the Skirball Cultural Center on January 11-12. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] The Queen Mary hosts Ships & Giggles Comedy Night every second Thursday of the month featuring some of the best comedians aboard the majestic ship’s Observation Bar.
10. [various Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $30 tix to the 2018 Freestyle Festival at the Queen Mary (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.