You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Friday, January 12, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Check out the brand new Batman ’66 retrospective at the Hollywood Museum. Highlights include original costumes and props from the 60’s T.V. Show, plus four distinct exhibit sections to check out: Wayne Manor, The Batcave, Gallery of Guest Super Villains, and The Collectibles of Batman ‘66. The retrospective continues through March 17.
2. [11 a.m.] The LA Art Show comes to Los Angeles Convention Center January 10 – 14 for the West Coast’s most comprehensive art experience of the year. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7:30 p.m.] Poetry Deathmatch Cabaret at the Bootleg Theater.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Enjoy a double feature and see Willem Dafoe in person at The Egyptian Theatre. The Florida Projectand one of his most memorable performances Shadow of The Vampire. A discussion will be held between films with Willem Dafoe.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Lula Washington Dance Theatre celebrates the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at The Wallis with three different programs of dance over the holiday weekend (January 11 – January 13.)
7. [8 p.m.] Tijuana is a multimedia solo show straddling the line between fiction and reality which stars Gabino Rodríguez. Playing at the Skirball Cultural Center on January 11-12. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [various] Redondo Beach Restaurant Week is back from January 12 to 26. Dozen of eateries from the beach city’s growing food scene will be participating by offering either specially priced prix-fixe lunches and/or dinners, or other Restaurant Week-only special offers.
9. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) kicks of this Friday with another round of exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
10. [various] 7th Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week wraps up tonight.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $30 tix to the 2018 Freestyle Festival at the Queen Mary (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.