You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Monday, January 15, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration at The California African American Museum will feature a marathon reading of Dr. King’s speeches, crafts like making quote-filled dream catchers and more. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] The 32nd Annual Kingdom Day Parade will travel from Western and Martin Luther King to Leimert Park where KingFest 2.0 (presented by 102.3 Radio Free KJLH) a community festival with music and food will take place.
4. [2 p.m.] California Sol with Motown Monday at the Ace Hotel Rooftop Bar.
5. [7 p.m.] Join Boomtown Brewery for Monday Movie Nights, a new monthly movie screening in their private event space set up with comfy couches, craft beers, popcorn and an option to order from Purgatory Pizza. This week they will screen Remember The Titans. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Marilyn Manson at the Hollywood Palladium.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Astronomy on Tap at Der Wolfskopf in Pasadena brings professional astronomers to bars to give informal talks on a variety of scientific topics followed by lots of discussion with guests. And beer!
8. [9 p.m.] The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
9. [various] Redondo Beach Restaurant Week is back from January 12 to 26. Dozen of eateries from the beach city’s growing food scene will be participating by offering either specially priced prix-fixe lunches and/or dinners, or other Restaurant Week-only special offers
10. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) continues with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to Foodie Con 2018 at The Reef in DTLA (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.