You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Ben & Jerry’s is throwing a pop-up carnival to announce their newest ice cream flavors. Happening at the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and Vine Street, ice cream lovers will have a chance to partake in carnival games, rides and sample the Pint Slice flavors totally free. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Get a free Margherita pizza during the grand opening of MidiCi The Neapolitan Pizza Company in Century City. Happening Tuesday and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Limit one per guest. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
4. [7 p.m.] Fatman on Batman (a live Kevin Smith podcast) at Scum and Villainy Cantina.
5. [7 p.m.] The Moth storytelling competition at Los Globos. Tonight’s theme: Guests.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Enjoy a free screening of Alejandro Jodorowsky’s 2016 film Endless Poetry at The Hammer. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Put Your Hands Together with Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher at the UCB Franklin.
9. [various] Redondo Beach Restaurant Week is back from January 12 to 26. Dozen of eateries from the beach city’s growing food scene will be participating by offering either specially priced prix-fixe lunches and/or dinners, or other Restaurant Week-only special offers
10. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) continues with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.75 tix for the StARTup Art Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.