You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Check out the brand new Batman ’66 retrospective at the Hollywood Museum. Highlights include original costumes and props from the 60’s T.V. Show, plus four distinct exhibit sections to check out: Wayne Manor, The Batcave, Gallery of Guest Super Villains, and The Collectibles of Batman ‘66. The retrospective continues through March 17.
2. [4:30 p.m.] Been thinking about giving back to the community? Checkout Burrito Project L.A. a meet-up that preps burritos to be delivered to folks in need. They’ll be prepping this Wednesday.
3. [6 p.m.] Bootsy Collins Signing at Amoeba Hollywood.
4. [6 p.m.] Come to the Frogtown Brewery this Wednesday for Beer, Bingo, & Trivia Night.
5. [6:30 p.m.] In celebration of the Metro Red Line’s 25th birthday this year, they’ve partnered with filmmaker Hervé Cohen to present “Life Underground,” an immersive art media installation and interactive web documentary on view at Los Angeles Union Station from January 30 to February 5. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee with a money prize, bee-themed prizes and guaranteed slurring if you choose to participate.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Charles Phoenix: Addicted to Americana -Book Signing at the Last Bookstore.
8. [8 p.m.] The Crazy Uncle Joe Show at the Groundlings Theatre. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8:30 p.m.] The Secret Society of The Sisterhood at the Masonic Lodge in the Hollywood Forever Cemetery will feature Busy Phillipps, Mara Wilson, Marianna Jean-Baptiste, Jade Chang, Our Lady J and Randa Jarrar reading about the theme of the night, “Reclaiming My Time.”
10. [9 p.m.] Dub Club with Echoholic DJs at Echoplex. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $11.50 tix for Come As You Are: Music From the 90’s with the Gay Men’s Chorus of L.A. (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.