You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, October 1, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Boo at the L.A. Zoo returns for a spooktacular season this year with a new “Nocturnal Adventure” maze and favorites like the Zoo’s “Animals and Boo” creepy crawler encounters, a puppet show, pumpkin-carving demos, special animal feedings and other family-oriented fun. Weekends will feature “Fearsome feedings,” during which carnivores will devour their favorite meal – carcasses and bones.
2. [10 a.m.] The third annual SlutWalk hosted by Amber Rose will take place at Pershing Square in DTLA. Join fellow activist for an afternoon of unity.
3. [10 a.m.] Come celebrate culture, jazz and community at the 41st Annual Simon Rodia Watts Towers Jazz Festival. A free day filled with live jazz music, guided tours and art. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] Get a taste of a beloved Mexican dish when La Feria de los Moles heads to Grand Park in DTLA. The event will feature special presentations on the origin of mole, representatives from Puebla and Oaxaca and various mole tastings. There will also be delicious pastries prepared and paired with the moles. Entrance is free, while the food is available for purchase.
5. [10 a.m.] The city of Santa Monica presents COAST an annual open-streets event encouraging the community to walk, bike, skate, and scoot through two miles of activated streets. Expect live music and performances, local food, art installations, promotions near the Pier, and more. This free event covers Ocean Avenue from Wilshire Boulevard to Tongva Park and Main Street from Colorado to Pier Avenues. FREE
6. [11 a.m.] Music Tastes Good comes to Marina Green Park in Long Beach on Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 for two days of music, food, and art with music by Peaches, Sleater-Kinney and more.
7. [11 a.m.] The Los Angeles Chocolate Salon returns to the Pasadena Center featuring a curated selection of fine artisan, gourmet and premium chocolates. Guests can enjoy chocolate tastings, demonstrations, chef talks, author interviews and an augmented reality (AR) experience.
8. [noon] Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month at Angel City Brewery this Sunday, from noon to 4 p.m. where $1 of every SaazBerry pint sold will go to Keep A Breast, a nonprofit organization aimed at empowering young people around the globe to get educated in breast health.
9. [6 p.m.] The Angel City Jazz Festival returns to the Ford Amphitheatres in Hollywood honoring the centennial of Thelonious Monk with a tribute to the influential pianist and composer.
10. [7 p.m.] Time to get in the Halloween spirit. The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride returns to The Old Zoo in Griffith Park from September 29 to October 31. This years theme is “Clown” and features four different freaky zones, a slew of demonic clowns, a corn maze and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $27 tix to Chamber Music + Wining Tasting at Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.