You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, October 12, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch at Platform LA happening Oct. 6-30 in DTLA features a fun spooky space for families to celebrate Halloween featuring an interactive pumpkin village, straw maze, a giant rocking horse ride, Mr. Bones’ Super Slide, A Jumpin’ Pumpkin and much more. Happening Thursday and through the weekend.
2. [3 p.m.] The 44th annual L.A. Korean Festival (Oct 12-15) will provide a 4-day showcase of Korean culture through food, performances, music, and exhibitions.
3. [6 p.m.] Pints for Paws to benefit the Pasadena Humane Society.
4. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
5. [7 p.m] Nerd Nite Los Angeles at Busby’s East
6. [7 p.m.] Multi-sensory, walk-through experience Creep LA returns to the Music Box in DTLA Oct. 5 through Nov. 12. Inspired by the Amazon Prime Exclusive Series Lore the experience is fully engaging, multi-sensory and super-scary, featuring some of pop culture’s most legendary horror myths, including vampires, changelings, werewolves, séances and possessed dolls. Happening Thursday through Sunday.
7. [7 p.m.] The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor will transform into a seaport of the damned this Halloween season with terrifying mazes and monsters at every turn like the Iron Master and Graceful Gale. This year they’ll reveal their newest member of the crew, his name is Chef and he’s got a carnivorous kitchen staff with a big appetite. Happening Thursday and through the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [7:30 p.m.] Depeche Mode at the Hollywood Bowl.
9. [8 p.m.] The Red Bull Music Academy Festival presents Outside Insight: Electric Shadows, a genre-bending music showcase featuring experimental performances and more throughout the night.
10. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for a Comedy Store Headliner Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.