You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, October 3, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] There’s a Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden from Oct. 1 to Nov. 30 everyday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, a little light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the 87-acre grounds. Great for families and Halloween costumes are welcome.
2. [10 a.m.] Boo at the L.A. Zoo returns for a spooktacular season this year with a new “Nocturnal Adventure” maze and favorites like the Zoo’s “Animals and Boo” creepy crawler encounters, a puppet show, pumpkin-carving demos, special animal feedings and other family-oriented fun.
3. [6:30 p.m.] BuzzFeed’s Another Round LIVE Presented by WNYC Studios & KCRW.
4. [8 p.m.] Mozart 1791 with Martin Fröst at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
5. [8 p.m.] The month of October is still a warm one so the iconic Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos an “Endless Summer” Movie + Swim series every Tuesday night. Catch throwback films as you lounge by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool and enjoy a curated menu of food and drink offerings unique to each movie, this week it’s Blade Runner. All you need to do is rsvp to get in.
6. [8 p.m.] Stranger Things: The Musical Tribute at El Cid. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [various] Pacific Standard Time LA/LA is in full swing with a four-month-long exploration of Latin American and Latino art in relation to the City of Angels. Led by The Getty the high profile event is a collaborative effort with dozens of art institutions across the city. Check out our top highlights here.
8. [various] Free museum days: Kidspace Museum (4 to 8 p.m.), Natural History Museum and La Brea Tarpits Museum.
9. [various] Beyond Fest returns from Sept. 29 through Oct. 10 with 12 days of special screenings from around the globe at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.
10. [various] Celebrate the art of the music video during the 7th Annual Los Angeles Music Video Festival, taking place over seven nights from October 1-7 at various L.A. locations.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $42.50 tix for Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Hit Musical In the Heights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.