You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, October 6, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch at Platform LA happening Oct. 6-30 in DTLA features a fun spooky space for families to celebrate Halloween featuring an interactive pumpkin village, straw maze, a giant rocking horse ride, Mr. Bones’ Super Slide, A Jumpin’ Pumpkin and much more.
2. [10 a.m.] The 10th annual IndieCade gaming festival is coming to Little Tokyo in DTLA from Oct. 6 through 8 featuring 200+ innovative indie games. Test out games, attend talks, network, and meet both new creators and industry legends.
3. [5 p.m.] Now in its 6th year, the L.A. Podcast Festival happening October 6-8 at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles will feature industry panels, parties, a DIY podcast lab, and a special stand-up comedy show on Saturday featuring Marc Maron and appearances by shows My Favorite Murder, Doug Loves Movies, Jackie & Laurie Show, Dork Forest and many more.
4. [5 p.m.] The L.A. Greek Festival returns Oct. 6 -8 for a big fat block party featuring delicious Greek food, live music, dancing and more. Now in its 19th year, the event is a popular one, drawing over 15,000 each year.
5. [6 p.m] Eat|See|Hear returns with Front Porch Cinema, a free movie night below the stars every Friday on Santa Monica Pier from Sept. 29 through Oct. 27. This fall film series will also feature music, drinks, and bites before each screening. Guests have the option to rent old-timey lawn chairs on site or bring their own gear. The series continues with a screening of The Princess Bride. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Multi-sensory, walk-through experience Creep LA returns to the Music Box in DTLA Oct. 5 through Nov. 12. Inspired by the Amazon Prime Exclusive Series Lore the experience is fully engaging, multi-sensory and super-scary, featuring some of pop culture’s most legendary horror myths, including vampires, changelings, werewolves, séances and possessed dolls.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Get ready to shriek, because Urban Death: Tour of Terror is back at Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group in North Hollywood. This haunted theater attraction features a terrifying performance and a maze of inexplicable horrors, unfathomable monstrosities, and the disturbing spirits that walk among us. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] The ultimate NSFW traveling showcase returns to Think Tank Gallery in DTLA on Oct. 6-7. I Didn’t Ask For This: A Lifetime of Dick Pics features a tongue-in-cheek approach to dick pics. However, it’s not just all show and tell. The event also features various panels and discussions on gender inequality and consent in the digital age.
10. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for a Comedy Store Headliner Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.