You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, October 7, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Los Angeles’ first Filipino food festival EAT. PLAY. MOVE. will feature 20 food vendors and trucks serving up Filipino eats, from traditional to trendy, during the fest at Eagle Rock Plaza. Admission is free, so come savor ube, adobo, pandan, and turon from the likes of Ninong’s, Hopia Like It, Grill City, Johnny Pacific LA, Eat Bolo and many more.
2. [10 a.m.] The 8th Annual Eagle Rock Music Festival is a free and all-ages event featuring six music stages, visual artists, food trucks, arts & crafts, vendors, and more. FREE
3. [noon] Cal Jam 17, a 12-hour musical celebration at Glen Helen Regional Park in San Bernardino have bands like Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Cage The Elephant, The Kills, Japandroids and more on the bill. But the fun doesn’t stop there, water park, carnival rides, attractions, a mobile recording studio and much more.
4. [noon] There’s a brand-new Los Angeles Arts District block party happening this Saturday called Fresh Coat Mural Festival. The daylong event features nationally acclaimed street artists painting new murals and music by RJD2, Peanut Butter Wolf, The Hood Internet, Beat Junkies, Viceroy, and Poolside. FREE
5. [1 p.m.] 50 Paella chefs from California, Baja and Spain will be at’ Pershing Square for the 3rd Annual Paella Wine and Beer Festival. Featuring unlimited paella tastings, the largest paella ever cooked in California with dozens of local wineries and breweries offering unlimited tastings. Tickets cost $30 to $90.
6. [2 p.m.] Enjoy a Saturday afternoon of art during the Culver City Art Walk located on the strip of Washington and La Cienega where the city’s arts district resides. This event is free and open to all-ages. FREE
7. [3 p.m.] dublab is throwing itself an 18th Anniversary Block Party in Frogtown happening next to the LA River at Zebulon, Salazar and Altamirano Records.
8. [4 p.m] Drive down memory lane during Classic Car Show & Drive-In Movie at Paramount Ranch. Explore the grounds during a move history tour followed by a screening of Back to the Future! FREE
9. [5 p.m.] The 79th Annual Mid-Autumn Moon Festival in Chinatown includes sampling mooncakes and other pastries, a culinary stage, live music, a Far Bazaar and lots more. FREE
10. [6 p.m.] Tombstone Cinema presents a ghoulishly fun double feature — Ghostbusters and Hotel Transylvania — at Evergreen Memorial Historic Cemetery in Riverside on October 7. The final resting place for over 27,000 souls, Evergreen was established over 130 years ago!
DEAL OF THE DAY: $24.50 tix for a Haunted Halloween Scavenger Hunt at Grand Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.