You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, November 10, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m] The 9th Annual Montebello Taste of the Town will showcase the Montebello food scene this Friday with unlimited food and drink samples.
5. [6:30 p.m.] Join the Latin American Cinemateca of L.A. and The Consulate General Mexico of L.A. for the 30th Anniversary of Cheech Marin’s Born in East LA, as well as a panel discussion in response to the current immigration policies and threats. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] Night Dive at the Aquarium of the Pacific is an 18-and-over event featuring DJ sets, art, lectures, food trucks, bars and more.
3. [7 p.m.] Cole’s in Downtown L.A. turns 109 this year and to celebrate they’re hosting an anniversary gala dinner prepared by chefs Neal Fraser of Redbird and Christian Page of Cassell’s Hamburgers.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Think you know everything about the Cape Crusader? Head to Black Cat Comics for Batman Trivia Night. The winner takes home $100 and bragging rights. Free beer provided by Mt. Lowe Brewing Co.
6. [8 p.m.] Impro Theatre presents L.A. Noir UnScripted complete with a jazz trio and actors improvising score on the spot. Happening at The Edye at The Broad Stage. Happening all weekend. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] There’s a Justice League fan art show happening at The Perky Nerd in Burbank this Friday.
8. [various] Reformation will host a three day sample sale at Platform LA in Culver City from November 9-12.
9. [various] The annual AFI FEST returns to Hollywood November 9-16 for an eight-day run featuring over 100 films, including three world premieres and four additional highly anticipated films.
10. [various] Lost and Found LA: Illuminated Trees in La Tuna Canyon. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.75 tix to the Devan Shah Tea Festival at the Pasadena Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.