You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, November 11, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The American Indian Arts Marketplace comes to The Autry Museum from November 11-12 for the largest Native arts fair in Southern California, featuring 200 Native American artists representing 40+ tribes.
2. [10 a.m.] The Chicano International Film Festival returns to Los Angeles this Saturday! Now in its 21st year, the festival will take place on November 11 at Plaza de la Raza Cultural Center in East LA & will give insight into Chicanx culture, lifestyle & expression. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] DesignerCon, the annual art and design convention is back for another year of collectible toys, designer goods, panels & live art at the Pasadena Convention Center! Takes place this Saturday and Sunday.
4. [10 a.m.] The 2nd Annual Veteran’s Day Music Festival will take place at the Pacific Battleship Center on the Battleship USS Iowa. Admission is free! FREE
5. [11 a.m.] The Japanese American National Museum in Little Tokyo is hosting Free Family Day on November 11 featuring dance classes, music, origami making & more! FREE
6. [noon] The 11th annual Inglewood Open Studios returns November 11-12 to showcase the professional artist studios and art galleries that constitute the burgeoning Inglewood art community. Explore studio spaces and works through a free self-guided tour. FREE
7. [noon] The Tropicália Music & Taco Festival comes to The Queen Mary for a day of unlimited taco samples and live music.
8. [7 p.m.] Looking for a little free comedy this weekend in NELA? The Frogtown Show is a free monthly comedy show that takes place at The Left Bank off Fletcher Dr. Beer and tacos will be available as well! FREE
9. [various] The annual AFI FEST returns to Hollywood November 9-16 for an eight-day run featuring over 100 films, including three world premieres and four additional highly anticipated films.
10. [various] Lost and Found LA: Illuminated Trees in La Tuna Canyon. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.75 tix to the Devan Shah Tea Festival at the Pasadena Convention Center (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.