You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, November 25, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The first-ever Arroyo Seco Marketplace takes place at Debs Park in Montecito Heights. The holiday market will feature food, music, activities, local vendors and artisans.
2. [10 a.m.] 7th Annual We Heart Eagle Rock Block Party will honor Small Business Saturday with sidewalk sales and other specials deals, just look for balloons outside. In addition to the shopping there will be arts and crafts, a kids zone and fitness zone to enjoy throughout the day.
3. [11 a.m.] Celebrate Small Business Saturday with Wine, Walk & Shop at CRAFTED in Long Beach this Saturday. This unique marketplace featuring 75+ businesses will host unlimited tastings from dozens of local wineries and craft breweries courtesy of Off the Vine.
4. [11 a.m.] Indie Eastside 2017 comes to No Tox Life’s Soap Factory in Glassell Park this Saturday with local handmade goods, indie brands and DIY stations if you’re looking to create a personalized gift.
5. [11 a.m.] The Vegan Holiday Marketplace returns for a green, cruelty-free and festive day of shopping at the Long Beach Petroleum Club.
6. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26 to December 30.
7. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved snowman DJ Jingles. This year’s spectacle debuts on November 24. FREE
9. [7 p.m.] The LA Phil presents a free neighborhood concert at Ingalls Auditorium on the campus of East Los Angeles College in Monterey Park. Conducted by Jonathan Heyward, the program will feature an important work by Stravinsky. Admission is free, but you will need to reserve your tickets asap. FREE
10. [various] Head to Figat7th in DTLA to check out Monumental Words an art installation on view November 20, 2017 through February 17, 2018. The glowing display of three massive word sculptures will have you experience the power of words through art. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix for the Joffrey Ballet’s Romeo & Juliet at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.