You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, November 28, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Enchanted: Forest of Light continues at Descanso Gardens, featuring a colorful one-mile path walk through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within the garden, including a Symphony of Oaks and a Luminous Lawn. Be sure to grab discount tickets while supplies are still available! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26-30.
3. [6 p.m.] Opening reception for A Smeary Spot, by A.K. Burns at Human Resources in Chinatown.
4. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved snowman DJ Jingles. This year’s spectacle debuts on November 24. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Head to CAAM and hear trans women in the community discuss advocacy and authenticity during TRANSflective: A Conversation on the Beauty of the Transgender Experience. Panelists include City of Los Angeles Commissioner Ceri Zamora, Lezley Saar, Jazzmun Crayton and Ryka Aoki. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
8. [8 p.m.] Schmabaret! a raunchy comedy cabaret starring Adam Ceschin and Carolyn Jania will take over Bar Lubitsch in West Hollywood for a night of original comedy songs in all genre stylings covering taboo topics and recently the ridiculous political climate.
9. [8 p.m.] Something Rotten!, a hilarious new musical comedy tells the story of brothers playwrights overshadowed by the great Will Shakespeare. Follow them as they try to steal the spotlight and end up unexpectedly end up writing the world’s very first musical. The show runs November 21 through December 30. Check for discount tickets while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Head to Figat7th in DTLA to check out Monumental Words an art installation on view November 20, 2017 through February 17, 2018. The glowing display of three massive word sculptures will have you experience the power of words through art. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $17 tix for Deck the Hall: Holiday Concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.