You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, November 29, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4:30 p.m.] Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month. At this free event, guests will enjoy a sunset hike led by a Griffith Park park ranger and a museum guide. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] Enchanted: Forest of Light continues at Descanso Gardens, featuring a colorful one-mile path walk through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within the garden, including a Symphony of Oaks and a Luminous Lawn. Be sure to grab discount tickets while supplies are still available! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26-30.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Art Battle Los Angeles at Exchange LA.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Horse Thief BBQ, located at Grand Central Market, will screen Dirty Dancing on their patio this Wednesday. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Funky Cumbia Night at La Cita Bar.
7. [8 p.m.] Tales from Tinseltown is a storytelling show hosted by Megan Hayes (Hunger Games, Sleepy Hollow) and Oscar Sagastume (Multiple Moth Winner, Buzzfeed). Performers share some of Hollywood’s dirty secrets and maybe a few of their own. Tickets cost $5 and go to Everytown supporting gun safety.
8. [9 p.m.] Tituss Burgess heads to The El Rey Theatre this Wednesday for a night of song, comedy and more. Burgess is best known as the self-obsessed aspiring Broadway performer Titus Andromedon on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [9 p.m.] Schmabaret! a raunchy comedy cabaret starring Adam Ceschin and Carolyn Jania will take over Bar Lubitsch in West Hollywood for a night of original comedy songs in all genre stylings covering taboo topics and recently the ridiculous political climate.
10. [various] Happy Place brings a bright and immersive pop-up experience to the Arts District starting today. Capture perfect Instagram moments and enjoy sweet treats as you journey through one-of-a-kind installations designed to make you smile. Runs on select dates through January 7, 2018.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $17 tix for Deck the Hall: Holiday Concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.