You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, December 12, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11:30 a.m.] Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved DJ Jingles. The show runs every night until January 1, 2018. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7 p.m.] Frank Sinatra Birthday Celebration at La Dolce Vita.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Learn about the many vibrant regional cuisines of Mexico through in-depth lectures, cooking demonstrations, tastings, and hands-on participation during Flavors of Mexico. Taking place at the Skirball Cultural Center, the monthly series concludes with Bricia Lopez of Guelaguetza sharing her recipe for Oaxacan mole.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Heart of Robin Hood offers a fresh take on the most infamous of outlaws from writer David Farr (The Night Manager). Playing at The Wallis from November 29 through December 17.
10. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer Museum continues the The Contenders film series on Tuesday with a screening of The Big Sick, followed by a Q&A with Kumail Nanjiani, Emily V. Gordon, and Michael Showalter.
4. [8 p.m.] Reggie Watts & Karen at Zebulon.
9. [8 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club Ultimate Holiday Movie Series will host a month-long schedule of Christmas inspired movie screenings from December 1-23. The series continues this Tuesday with It’s a Wonderful Life.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $49 tix to School of Rock at the Pantages (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.