You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, December 21, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] The Museum of Failure has landed in Los Angeles at A+D Architecture and Design Museum in the Arts District. Exhibits include some of recent history’s biggest commercial flops, including Donald Trump’s board game, the Harley-Davidson Perfume, the Apple Newton, the Betamax, Google Glass, and more. Check for discount tickets while supplies. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [4 p.m.] Long Beach seafood concept Roe will host a week long culinary Feast of the Seven (Sustainable) Fishes from December 17-24. Prepared by Chef Arthur Gonzalez, the event will focus on one sustainably sourced seafood dish per night, served alongside a dish “Catch Card” detailing the fish species, catch location or fish origin, and the names of both the fisherman and the boat.
3. [4:30 p.m.] CHILL Adventure Park returns to the Queen Mary in Long Beach from December 13 through January 7. Come experience ice bumper cars, ice skating, an Alpine Zip Line and more chill themed activities. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [5 p.m.] Winter Fest Returns to OC Fairgrounds (Dec. 21 to Jan. 7) will offer an all-new festival of lights, snow summit, winter bounce houses, outdoor ice skating, ice tubing, snowfall and the man of the season, Santa Claus. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7 p.m.] The Office trivia night at Horse Thief BBQ.
5. [7:30 p.m.] The JANKY Christmas Show returns for the seventh year in a row with host John C. Reilly and a band of misfit characters, a live band called the “The Mistletone’s” and Jewish Jello Shots for the audience.
7. [10 p.m.] Cringle & Krampus Xmas Party at The Short Stop.
8. [various] Looking to literally step into the Christmas spirit? Find out where you can walk into life-size gingerbread houses in and around Los Angeles.
9. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (all day, MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) FREE
10. [various] Check out one of 15 Places in L.A. to Get an Amazing Holiday Cocktail.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $28.50 tix to the Happy Place Pop-Up Exhibit (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.