You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, December 23, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Winter Fest Returns to OC Fairgrounds (Dec. 21 to Jan. 7) will offer an all-new festival of lights, snow summit, winter bounce houses, outdoor ice skating, ice tubing, snowfall and the man of the season, Santa Claus. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [2 p.m.] FIGat7th Kids Club Arts & Crafts: Holiday Snow Globe Ornaments. FREE
3. [4:30 p.m.] CHILL Adventure Park returns to the Queen Mary in Long Beach from December 13 through January 7. Come experience ice bumper cars, ice skating, an Alpine Zip Line and more chill themed activities. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [5 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved DJ Jingles. The show runs every night until January 1, 2018. FREE
5. [5 p.m.] Elf and It’s a Wonderful Life screen at the Rooftop Cinema Club Holiday Movie Series.
6. [6:30 p.m.] Head to the New Beverly for a Christmas-themed double feature this Friday. They’ll be screening It’s A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story in 35mm. Happening Friday and Saturday.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The 7th Annual Janky Christmas Show at the Bootleg Theatre.
8. [8 p.m.] A Drag Queen Christmas at the Orpheum Theatre.
9. [various] Looking to literally step into the Christmas spirit? Find out where you can walk into life-size gingerbread houses in and around Los Angeles.
10. [various] Check out one of 15 Places in L.A. to Get an Amazing Holiday Cocktail.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $34 tix to LA Phil’s ‘The Garden’ Rooftop Music Series (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.