You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, December 24, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10:15 a.m.] It’s a Wonderful Life morning screening at the Vista Theatre
2. [noon] Winter Fest Returns to OC Fairgrounds (Dec. 21 to Jan. 7) will offer an all-new festival of lights, snow summit, winter bounce houses, outdoor ice skating, ice tubing, snowfall and the man of the season, Santa Claus. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [1 p.m.] dublab presents Vibing Time at the Ace Hotel upstairs bar. FREE
4. [3 p.m.] The 58th annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration is a free Christmas Eve celebration at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion featuring Los Angeles-based musicians and dancers, including the Gay Men’s Chorus, City Ballet of Los Angeles, M-Pact and more. FREE
5. [4:30 p.m.] CHILL Adventure Park returns to the Queen Mary in Long Beach from December 13 through January 7. Come experience ice bumper cars, ice skating, an Alpine Zip Line and more chill themed activities. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [5 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved DJ Jingles. The show runs every night until January 1, 2018. FREE
7. [9 p.m.] The Spare Room at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel is host to the MatzoBall an annual Jewish singles networking event. Though most attendees are Jewish, more singles of all backgrounds are now showing up for this hugely popular party.
8. [various] Fiddler on the Roof Sing-Along on Christmas Eve at Laemmle theatres.
9. [various] Looking to literally step into the Christmas spirit? Find out where you can walk into life-size gingerbread houses in and around Los Angeles.
10. [various] Check out one of 15 Places in L.A. to Get an Amazing Holiday Cocktail.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $34 tix to LA Phil’s ‘The Garden’ Rooftop Music Series (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.