You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, December 4, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The L.A. Auto Show is back for another round of test drives, new car showcases and ‘The Garage” aftermarket hall from December 1-10. Don’t miss Toyota’s “Camry Thrill Ride” experience where guests get to drive with a professional stunt driver through a course complete with evasive maneuvers, donuts, ramp jumps and more, happening at the L.A. Auto Show December 1-3.
2. [11:30 a.m.] Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018.
3. [2 p.m.] Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a 8,000 square foot ice skating rink. Running November 1, 2017 through January 5, 2018.
4. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26 to December 30.
5. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved DJ Jingles. The show runs every night until January 1, 2018. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Join Boomtown Brewery for Monday Movie Nights, a new monthly movie screening in their private event space set up with comfy couches, craft beers, popcorn and an option to order from Purgatory Pizza. This week they will screen Gremlins. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer Museum in Westwood is once again home to The Contenders, the Museum of Modern Art’s acclaimed series of ten influential, innovative films from the past 12 months. The series kicks off with Mudbound, and a Q&A with Dee Rees, Mary J. Blige, Jason Mitchell, and Garrett Hedlund.
8. [8 p.m.] Live Talks LA presents Dan Rather in Conversation with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar at the Novo.
9. [8 p.m.] The Moth GrandSLAM – OUT OF BOUNDS at the Regent Theater.
10. [8 p.m.] It’s a Wonderful Life: The Radio Play on the Stage at the Belfry Stage, Upstairs @ The Crown in North Hollywood. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.75 tix to the Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.