You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5, 7 & 9 p.m.] The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening Thursday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [7:15 p.m.] Shakespeare in Today’s America at the Los Angeles Central Library is a free talk in conjunction with the Library Foundation’s new exhibition, America’s Shakespeare: The Bard Goes West. FREE
3. [7:30 p.m.] Double feature at The Egyptian Theatre: The Elephant Man and Freaks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7:30 p.m.] Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens Amelie this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7:30 p.m.] F*ck Love at The Last Bookstore. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] 946: The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips at The Wallis. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] The iconic Queen Mary in Long Beach is now a great place to see local live bands! Stop by every third Thursday of the month for Local Band Hangout happening at the Queen Mary’s Observation Bar.
8. [9 p.m.] Steve’n’Seagulls at Resident.
9. [11 p.m.] Last Day of School: The Txt Msg Show at UCB Franklin.
10. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.), Japanese American National Museum (all day).
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to CoffeeCon LA (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.