You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The LA Cookie Con & Sweets Show (Feb. 18-19) returns as the West Coast’s largest baking and pastry expo. Guests will enjoy samples from over 275 local shops and brands, a kids’ zone, and the Decorators’ Showcase competition.
2. [9 a.m.] ScotsFestival at the Queen Mary (Feb. 18-19) is a two-day fest that celebrates the cultural history of the epic ship through authentic athletics, competitions, dancing, cuisine and more! Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [10 a.m.] Long Beach Comic Expo at Long Beach Convention Center (Feb. 18-19) celebrates comic books and pop culture with notable guest appearances, meet and greets, various panels, and even a cosplay competition! Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [10 a.m.] Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup is this Saturday at the Venice Beach Pier. These monthly beach cleanups are a great way to give back to our beaches. Simply show up, and bring a bucket if you can. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Ace Hotel in Downtown LA is the setting for Wikipedia Day Los Angeles. FREE
6. [noon] 2nd Annual Santa Anita Chili Cook-Off will include lots of chili tastings, craft beer, wine and world-class live racing.Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [2 p.m.] Air + Style returns to Exposition Park in LA February 18 and 19 for two days of music and big air snowboarding competitions. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [6 p.m.] Hauser Wirth & Schimmel is bringing an exciting new exhibition to their gallery in Downtown Los Angeles’ Arts District. The opening reception for Jason Rhoades: Installations, 1994-2006 is today. The exhibition be on view from February 18 through May 21. FREE
9. [7 & 9 p.m.] Electric Dusk Drive-In, LA’s only drive-in movie will screen two love stories this weekend. Crazy Stupid Love and The Notebook. Take your pick!
10. [various] Pan African Film & Arts Festival (Feb. 9-20) will showcase over 150 new films, along with special programs aimed towards students and the community.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 to see OUE Skyspace (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.