You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Sunday, February 18, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Queen Mary’s ScotsFestival & International Highland Games XXV returns February 17-18 to celebrate 25 years of the annual event with an array of authentic Scottish activities, athletics, dancing, entertainment, drinks and cuisine. Check for discount tickets for making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
2. [10 a.m] Long Beach Comic Expo, a celebration of comic books and pop culture, returns to Long Beach Convention Center on February 17-18. Check for discount tickets for making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [10 a.m.] Smorgasburg Los Angeles Record Fair. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] From February 16-18, the Jack Daniel’s Lynchburg General Store will offer Angelenos a unique assortment of goods, services and events featuring live music and Southern food from Miss Mary Bobo’s, a Lynchburg institution for over a century.
5. [1 p.m.] The Minor Threat art exhibit pays homage to the 80’s straight edge band of the same name with more than a dozen artists and vendors showcasing mixed media work, plus live music. Taking place this Sunday from 1 to 6 p.m. at 5 Star Bar in Downtown. Tickets are $20 at the door. You can read more background here via LA Taco.
6. [1 p.m.] The Great Boozy Bake Off will take place at Angel City Brewery in DTLA this Sunday. The bake off will feature bakers testing their skill at incorporating booze into cupcakes, candies, breads and more. A $2o ticket gets you a sampling of all the contestants creations and all proceeds will be donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
7. [2 p.m.] FLAX Project presents “The Dialectic of the Stars,” a free art festival taking place at five iconic venues in Los Angeles in the month of February. The festival will feature stimulating arts events incorporating cinema, music, mobile artworks, a concert of motorcycles, dance and more.
8. [7 p.m.] The New Bad Boys of Magic have got some dirty tricks up their sleeves at Hollywood’s Three Clubs Cocktail Lounge this Sunday. These boys are fresh off of their sold-out run at the Hollywood Fringe Festival so expect some magic you’ve never seen before.
9. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) continues through February 8-19. Now in its 26th year, the 12-day festival will showcase over 100 new films and the talented artists who created them.
10. [various] Palm Springs Modernism Week continues February 15-25 to celebrate all things midcentury modern including architecture, art, interior landscape design and vintage culture.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $30.50 tix to the Happy Place Pop-Up at the L.A. LIVE Event Deck
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.