You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [12:15 p.m.] Get your sun salutations on during Grand Park’s lunch time free yoga class stop by at 12:15 p.m. yoga runs till 1 p.m. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] Ryan Adams live at Amoeba Hollywood.
3. [7 p.m.] Elaine Brown at the California African America Museum. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Hard to Read at the Standard in DTLA.
5. [7 p.m.] The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee where participants pay $5 to compete, take a first Slurring Bee Shot and spell. From there on it keeps going until a queen or king bee is crowned. Winner receives half the pot, bee-themed prizes and their picture immortalized on The Slurring Bees Wall of Fame, plus automatic placement in the Tournament of Champions!
6. [7 p.m.] Every Wednesday night is Drag Queen Bingo at Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood. It’s a comedic event featuring transgender hosts, celebrity guests, and fabulous prizes.
7. [8 p.m.] Tales from Tinseltown is a new storytelling show hosted by Megan Hayes (Hunger Games, Sleepy Hollow) and Oscar Sagastume (Multiple Moth Winner, Buzzfeed). Performers share some of Hollywood’s dirty secrets and maybe a few of their own.
8. [8 p.m.] The Crazy Uncle Joe Show at The Groundlings Theatre. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [9:30 p.m.] Escape Room LA: The Cavern. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week continues through Feb. 25.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $17.50 for the Hollywood Beer & Music Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.