You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [3 p.m.] Amoeba Hollywood will host their annual Mardi Gras party, starting at 3 p.m. with DJ Bennet, followed by a parade with masks, beads, musicians and as put in their description, “mayhem.” FREE
2. [5:30 p.m.] Tackle the Tuesday slump with a dinner break at food truck night in Santa Monica. The Santa Monica Food Truck Lot hosts gourmet food trucks every Tuesday night from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at the California Heritage Museum on Main Street.
3. [6 p.m.] 28th Annual Mardi Gras At Farmers Market Los Angeles’ will host a family-friendly celebration, with live music, arts and crafts, a strolling parade with New Orleans-style bands, bead throwing and lots of gumbo, jambalaya and other tasty treats.
4. [7 p.m.] The Lincoln presents “For the Record,” a weekly series where guests bring in their own vinyl for a unique DJ set from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. This week’s theme is Mardi Gras/ ‘80’s! with DJ HOE. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Running Man 30th anniversary screening at The Regent.
6. [8 p.m.] Hollywood’s Franklin & Company is launching a new weekly Free Movie Night. Every Tuesday the gastropub will play a movie over their TVs and offer a different specialty cocktail, themed to the film for just $6. This week it’s LA Confidential.
7. [8 p.m.] American Town Hall at The Virgil.
8. [8 p.m.] The Alternative Facts Comedy Show is hosted by the JB and Benny Blue Review and will have some of the best in comedy take the stage as well as Music by DJ Hydroe the proceeds will go to the Community Foundation of Flint in support of the water crisis. Tickets are just $10.
9. [8 p.m.] The Wallis presents 946: The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips a heartfelt story based set in the time of World War II showing how the human spirit prevails even in a time of destruction and death. The Times of London called it “A wonderfully life-affirming piece of theatre… touchingly and gloriously imaginative.” Check for discounted tickets on Goldstar while supplies last all week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [9 p.m.] The Standard, Hollywood and Cinefamily presents All About Almodóvar a month long of free Almodóvar screenings. This week, All About My Mother. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix for The Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.