You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Street Art House pop-up gallery heads to The Hangar from Feb. 4-10. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] NHMLA & Angel City Brewery Presents: Citizen Science + Suds an event held at Angel City Brewery to promote civic involvement through a creation of a communal beer! That’s just part of the focus of the new series, expect lively conversations about urban planning, marine conservation and civic science in the mix as well. Happening once a month through March. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Celebrate Valentine’s Day early at the San Gabriel Mission District with a free Wine, Dine & Dance party between 7 to 9 p.m. in the Mission Playhouse Plaza. The event will include dance lessons, wine tasting, appetizers and music. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The Standard Hollywood will host an opening reception for FLORA, a photo exhibit featuring vibrant photos of exotic plant life and an art installation with live models in a glass box lit up with real and artificial plant life.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Aloe Blacc and KING perform at Novo. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Skirball Cultural Center will celebrate the Jewish tradition Tu B’Shevat by offering food tastings and discussing how the tree-honoring holiday fosters sustainable living.
7. [8 p.m.] Red Bull Sound Select Presents: Hanni El Khatib, Dude York, Pinky Pinky at the Teragram Ballroom. Tickets are just $3 when you rsvp.
8. [8 p.m.] The Wallis presents 946: The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips a heartfelt story based set in the time of World War II showing how the human spirit prevails even in a time of destruction and death. The Times of London called it “A wonderfully life-affirming piece of theatre… touchingly and gloriously imaginative.” Check for discounted tickets on Goldstar while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] The Pan African Film & Arts Festival (Feb. 9-20) will showcase over 150 new films, along with special programs aimed towards students and the community.
10. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $29 to see American Idiot: Green Day’s Rock Opera at The Cupcake Theater (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar